U.S. Cellular Interview Questions in Knoxville, TN | Glassdoor

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

***UPDATE***
    I got the job! I previously posted a review and there is no way to edit it, so I decided to copy/paste it and come back and update it with the correct information, I was a little off on my dates as well.

I applied online on 10/28. On 10/31 I was contacted by phone to be scheduled for a phone screening for 11/6 with a lady from a corporate office in Georgia. During the phone screening she asked general questions that you can expect with about any call center/customer service position; i.e., “describe a time you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer”, “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?”. She went over the position in detail, and advised that the starting pay (it is $12.63 an hour regardless of experience, at this site anyway, and there is a $0.75 shift differential for shifts after 5 p.m.). she also advised me that training would be 6 weeks long and that attendance was 100% mandatory. I was then told that if chosen to go on to the next step that I would hear from someone within the next 7-10 days. Less than 10 minutes later I received a call from a recruiter offering me an in-person interview. The interview was 2 days later, 11/8.

They use the STAR interview method (you can find examples online). I’m very familiar with this method, and it’s not difficult, but honestly, I wasn’t feeling very well during the interview— I had considered rescheduling because I was having flu-like symptoms, but was afraid that it would blow my shot at getting hired, so I soldered on. Nothing too difficult, I would have just preferred to have not been sick during the interview; the guy was very nice, he asked: “describe a time that you had to adapt to a difficult situation and what was the outcome”, “tell me about a time that you had to overcome a customers objections in order to keep their business”, basically the same questions anyone who has interviewed for a CSR position has already answered.

I got an email the very next day advising that I was being offered the position contingently, and that I would be contacted within 72 hours with the next step.

I do know that they do a background check and drug screen, so I’m assuming these are the next steps. I’m very excited and thankful to be starting a career with U.S. Cellular.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave a coworker feedback and what was the result   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to adjust to a negative change in your work routine   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a typical one, the interviewer was very nice.The interviewer asked questions relevant to the job. He was interested in my thoughts and questions. He took notes in his computer and made me feel at ease through the whole process. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer was a tad late due to a meeting, but that was understandable.

Interview Questions

I was unable to work the offered hours.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Was easy ask question that was off the computer,they tell you about the position before they starting asking questions and that they start asking question that they pull off the computer

Interview Questions

• Where you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email invited to meet and greet by the company recruiter who advised me that it was just an opportunity to learn about the company and get to meet some of the people who work there. Fortunately i prepared for it as if it was an interview, and thankfully I did because that is exactly what it turned out to be. I didn't learn anything about the company, as soon as I got there I was placed in front of two managers and was asked why I wanted to work for their company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that I had to overcome an obstacle at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I had to do 2 computer tests. One had fake customers and situations and you had to choose what you would do based on the situation. The other was a personality test asking the questions with answers on the 5 point scale (strongly agree, disagree, ect). Then after passing those, I did an interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where a customer was upset at a previous job, how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

I went on a career fair day. The process was very smooth and relaxed, yet professional at the same time.Typical interview questions. You'll sit in the lobby at first, then they will bring you into a meeting type room where you'll have a one on one interview. Afterwards, if hired, you will meet with something else to do a tour of the building. Then you will sit down and finish final paperwork for your background.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an irate customer, and list the steps that you took to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Customer Resolutions Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard tell me about a time..... Interviewer was rather rude. First interview was the basic standard questions vague, even though had been an employee for over 4 years. Second step was written test. With no one knowing where u had to go and no instructions, still passed. However schedules were assigned by how well interviewer liked your responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone then face to face. Panel interview with 3 people. Job was obtained. Interview questions require a lot of detail that go through a situation and how you reviewed the situation and the results of your actions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time____? Around customer service/multitasking etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview which was very casual, mostly inquiring about past call center or customer service experience, asked a lot of "tell me about a time..." questions, second interview on-site with call center simulation test, after scoring well on the test asked to a 15 minute interview in which I was coached by another HR rep to be as detailed as possible. Interview very cut and dry more "tell me about a time..." questions. Sent for drug tests and signed forms for background check, received job offer letter

Interview Questions

• "If a customer calls in and says they want to switch the service or are dissatisfied with the service how would you get them to stay?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available, the starting pay was apparently the highest I would receive for my experience. Specific schedules are not accommodated until after the training process.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews. I came in and took a test. mock calls, basic math, problem solving, etc etc. then i had an interview in person. they had over 2000 people apply for a training class of 18 people. pretty nuts. standard interview questions. greatest strength, biggest weakness, tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you delivered exceptional customer service.   Answer Question