U.S. Cellular Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Cellular Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in December 2016.

Interview

1 hr long. Normal interview discomfort, However, The Sales manager I interviewed with was very personable and friendly which quickly put me a ease. Seems to be a very good opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where something went wrong and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Ankeny, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was a digital interview where you record yourself answering questions you get 30s to prep and 3 mins to answer. If you have anxiety and don't like recording videos would not recommend. You do not get any retrys.

Interview Questions

• What last job expierience do you think qualifies you for the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Portland, ME) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager was friendly, we joked a lot during the interview. He was laid back but was still able to keep a very professional presence. He mentioned decent benefits and pay. They had a meeting every week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for U.S. Cellular?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ukiah, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Ukiah, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. A week in to it the I got an interview date. I went to the interview, which was quite fun. The sales manager was very clear and made the interview not so intimidating. The questions were specific ones, luckily I have worked in the cell phone retail business for a little over five years. I was able to give very specific scenarios, that was great. It's been a week since then, I spoke to the recruiter today and I just need to clear the background check. Hopefully I get an offer soon.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when a customer was having a hard time understanding a problem, what did you do to facilitate and satisfy the customer".   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

phone screen, online test, face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Madison, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Typical retail interview mine seemed more indepth due to trading a manager on how to interview if you are sales and customer service focused in answers it hard not to pass the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Multiple interviews, show excitement for your job position, they want to see if you're a team player, tell them you trust senior leaders, you're ethical.

Interview Questions

• You have to sell them something that is not a cell phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but they did not budge on their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Iowa City, IA) in July 2012.

Interview

Was called to set up a time to do a phone interview/profiling. The phone interview in itself is pretty basic, with questions pertaining to "remember a time.." and you have to give an example as to how you solved or would attempt to solve the situation they give you.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with unsatisfied customers in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Cookeville, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter went exceptionally well, really thought I had a shot. Never received a phone call back for the face to face interview. I called the recruiter back after 2 weeks she was very pleased and receptive to me calling her, promised to call me back in just a couple of hours, she said they would be doing face to face interviews this coming Friday. I waited all afternoon, she never called me back. I called her back the next day, (I really wanted the opportunity for a face to face interview), only to be told that the interview process had ended for this particular store and the person they had hired was started their training on Monday. Hugh dissappointment, they contacted me through a resume I had posted on monster!

Interview Questions

• what makes you think you would be any good at retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

interview was pretty straightforward like your strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions

Negotiation

got a call the next day