U.S. Cellular Retail Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Cellular Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Received an e-mail that they wanted to do an interview with me. I responded immediately and waited more than 2 weeks before they set up the first scheduled phone interview. The recruiter never called during the scheduled time. I e-mailed him again and he said he got busy and couldn't make the call (after another week of not responding). Then he finally rescheduled for later in the week. Interview was pretty basic and he seemed really interested in me and said he wanted to set up an in person interview with the hiring manager the next week and he would be back in touch with me.

Meanwhile, I received another e-mail from a different U.S. Cellular recruiter saying they had tried three times to reach me regarding my application for the store manager position and if they didn't hear from me soon they would consider my application void. I told her I had already spoken to another recruiter and had been waiting to hear back from him. She apologized for the miscommunication and said the other recruiter would be in touch shortly.

Two weeks later I still never heard anything else and after numerous e-mails (to both recruiters), finally was told I was not going to be considered any further.

Very unorganized and unprofessional recruiting process.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Long hiring process with many different steps. It can feel like you are getting the run around, but stick it out it is worth it. The interview process is a Performance Based Interview, meaning it is specific to what you HAVE done, not what you WOULD do (no hypotheticals here!)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The original offer was very good, appropriate for my experience but this is not always the case. More recently it seems offers start lower so I would recommend seeing what you can get.