U.S. Cellular Retail Wireless Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.9

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I applied online from an email I received from an employee referral. The process was simple enough. My first interview was at the store location with 2 of the Sales Managers. Both we very friendly, and the interview was conversational with some of the typical questions. Seemed to me like most of the questions leaned more in the direction of personality, eagerness to learn, and morality. Customer focus was a very key note in the questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give and example of a situation where you had to give a customer bad news, and they didn't take it well. How did you resolve the issue? (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Initial contact was by email from the taken acquisition. First interview was montage a new video interview process. It has a serious of questions you video record your responses, some give u only 30 seconds to answer which is stressful. I was contacted about a second in store interview in which I was interviewed by 3 managers also stressful.

Interview Questions

• why do i want to leave my current job?   Answer Question
    • describe in detail how to handle a upset customer based on an actual experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Delafield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Delafield, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

you apply on line, wait for what seems forever. Forget you even applied there and then out of the blue they call you and invite you in for an interview. Interview they ask if you know the sales process and as long as you have a bit of a clue you are eventually offered a position

Interview Questions

• do you know the sales process   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Appleton, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out application and heard back from a recruiter the next day. They assigned me an online interview, where I recorded my answers via written answers and video. Had a face to face interview about a week and a half later at the store I applied to. Heard back that I got the job 3 days later.

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

First HR calls you for a phone interview,
    then the sales manager will interview with you, usually asking you to sell them something (role-play)
    If that goes well you will either be hired or get another interview with the store manager.
    After that, you go through about a month of training through privacy policy and role play. U.S. Cellular can still let you go if your role-play or sales approach is not effective, though this is rare.

It usually takes a long time to get hired though, I think I had to wait 1-2 months before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen?
      Get to know me, build rapport.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

first had online interview. received an email that someone would contact me for an in person interview.
    a week went by and I did get an interview with two store managers. that went very well. They were very professional and welcoming. I was told I would hear back within a week. I did and receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a real life experience handling customer issue   Answer Question

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Applied online was contacted by a recruiter as ask to take a online interview through hire view. Straight forward questions such as tell me a time ect. About 3 days later the same recruiter called and set up a in person interview when i arrived there were 4 managers in the interview all taking turns asking scripted questions such as explain a tim when you had to work with a team and what was the outcome. I think they are looking for short storys with a beginning middle and end. After about 20 questions we all talked for a few min they ask if i have any questions make sure you do they will cut the interview off if not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate with they have a set figure its take it or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Quincy, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

As soon as I arrived, the manager on duty was outside all over her boyfriend, so I had to wait for her to come back in. This already made me feel uncomfortable. When it was time to be interviewed, the lady who interviewed me never introduced herself and rushed through the interview. I know I wouldn't get the job because other than the manager and lady I interviewed with, there were only young guys who worked in the position of which I was being interviewed for.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Fast and efficient...I knew I was hired in 2 weeks. Uses a modern approach with the 1st interview over skype. 2nd stage was a 2 person panel for behavioral based interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Galesburg, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I obtained an interview with on-site managers through a recruiter. This process included a video screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a request for an interview through said recruiter. The interview itself is medium-level in difficulty, asking for very detailed answers to scenario-based questions.

My only complaint was the recruiter stage of the process. My initial recruiter either changed her name or terminated her employment suddenly in the middle of my hiring process, so I had to re-apply to come in contact with a new recruiter. They may have contacted me at some point regardless of my follow-up, as they may have been working their way through her backlogged clients, but this hiccup did significantly lengthen the time it took to acquire an offer.

Overall the process is lengthier than previous interviews I've had, but average in question difficulty. They expect professionalism. I would recommend coming prepared--resumes printed, questions for the interviewer printed, schedule printed, etc. You need to know the position well and understand what makes you exceptionally qualified so you can bring it to the table during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario in which you assisted a customer in choosing the product that best fit their needs.   Answer Question