U.S. Cellular Retail Wireless Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Cellular Retail Wireless Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Appleton, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out application and heard back from a recruiter the next day. They assigned me an online interview, where I recorded my answers via written answers and video. Had a face to face interview about a week and a half later at the store I applied to. Heard back that I got the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

First HR calls you for a phone interview,
    then the sales manager will interview with you, usually asking you to sell them something (role-play)
    If that goes well you will either be hired or get another interview with the store manager.
    After that, you go through about a month of training through privacy policy and role play. U.S. Cellular can still let you go if your role-play or sales approach is not effective, though this is rare.

It usually takes a long time to get hired though, I think I had to wait 1-2 months before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen?
      Get to know me, build rapport.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

first had online interview. received an email that someone would contact me for an in person interview.
    a week went by and I did get an interview with two store managers. that went very well. They were very professional and welcoming. I was told I would hear back within a week. I did and receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a real life experience handling customer issue   Answer Question

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Applied online was contacted by a recruiter as ask to take a online interview through hire view. Straight forward questions such as tell me a time ect. About 3 days later the same recruiter called and set up a in person interview when i arrived there were 4 managers in the interview all taking turns asking scripted questions such as explain a tim when you had to work with a team and what was the outcome. I think they are looking for short storys with a beginning middle and end. After about 20 questions we all talked for a few min they ask if i have any questions make sure you do they will cut the interview off if not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate with they have a set figure its take it or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Quincy, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

As soon as I arrived, the manager on duty was outside all over her boyfriend, so I had to wait for her to come back in. This already made me feel uncomfortable. When it was time to be interviewed, the lady who interviewed me never introduced herself and rushed through the interview. I know I wouldn't get the job because other than the manager and lady I interviewed with, there were only young guys who worked in the position of which I was being interviewed for.

Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Galesburg, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I obtained an interview with on-site managers through a recruiter. This process included a video screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a request for an interview through said recruiter. The interview itself is medium-level in difficulty, asking for very detailed answers to scenario-based questions.

My only complaint was the recruiter stage of the process. My initial recruiter either changed her name or terminated her employment suddenly in the middle of my hiring process, so I had to re-apply to come in contact with a new recruiter. They may have contacted me at some point regardless of my follow-up, as they may have been working their way through her backlogged clients, but this hiccup did significantly lengthen the time it took to acquire an offer.

Overall the process is lengthier than previous interviews I've had, but average in question difficulty. They expect professionalism. I would recommend coming prepared--resumes printed, questions for the interviewer printed, schedule printed, etc. You need to know the position well and understand what makes you exceptionally qualified so you can bring it to the table during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario in which you assisted a customer in choosing the product that best fit their needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

The interviews are behavior based. "Tell me about a time when..." They are big on asking "what do you know about USC? You should know who the CEO, how many customers they have, what they offer besides phones, and a tid bit of history. History like, how old USC is. This is the lead question on every interview I've participated in /lead. You should also be prepared to answer the question, "Why US Cellular?" The answer is: the culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you knew what someone was telling you was wrong, and you had to correct their information.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made someone feel welcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary is negotiable. Hourly pay is slightly negotiable. But only slightly. If you feel like you're brought on low and cannot negotiate higher, set the expectation you'd like to prove your self for ___ amount of time. Then you can revisit the conversation. Then, follow through big time. The position is commission based.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Auburn, ME).

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and took about 1 month from interview to hire date. I met with the Sales and Store Management and was given a small tour of the facility. The interview was more of a test to see whether my personality was a fit rather than a skills test, as I had no previous sales experience.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Omaha, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

You will get a call from a recruiter to gauge your interest and explain the job description. From there you will have another scheduled phone interview with HR. If you pass that, you will interview at the location you will be working with your direct management team. If the management team decides to move forward with you, you will receive a call from an HR representative with a conditional offer pending the successful completion of a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Typical retail sales interview questions. Tell us about a time when you did (X). How would you rate your skills and experience? S.T.A.R format, so be honest and direct.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email invited to meet and greet by the company recruiter who advised me that it was just an opportunity to learn about the company and get to meet some of the people who work there. Fortunately i prepared for it as if it was an interview, and thankfully I did because that is exactly what it turned out to be. I didn't learn anything about the company, as soon as I got there I was placed in front of two managers and was asked why I wanted to work for their company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that I had to overcome an obstacle at work   Answer Question