U.S. Cellular Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

3.2

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Moline, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very long process, asks many questions that are based on experience but want tons of details. Star method. Too long needs to be shorter, not necessarily the best questions to find out if that person is a fit for the team. Can leav eout experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an employee that didn't agree with what you wanted to do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Anonymous Employee in Mason City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Mason City, IA).

Interview

Based on actual circumstance, pretty easy. First was a phone interview with recruiter then had interview with store manager and area sales manager. Didn't actually use the script they were speed to follow. Asked me about specific experiences relating to job requirement

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have 2 associates who don't get along   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Rocky Mount, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process is long. I have had two separate interviews with them and both we around two hours. Not to mention the two phone interviews before getting an in-store interview. They will ask you to answer questions in a manner that have designed and some of the questions are redundant.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide a scenario when I had observed a problem that was customer service related and how I resolved the issue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got an idea from a current employee and they offered me what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannibal, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Hannibal, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

This was a long process, as I had given up after the original phone interview which was conducted quickly after I applied. I also interviewed in person but it was long after phone interview. They were very detailed about previous success and achievements in previous jobs. Seemed like good company to work for but chose not take position.

Interview Questions

Decided to continue at current company.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2013.

Interview

The interview is a behavioral based interview. Be ready with Situation/Task, Actions you took, and Results of your actions. They want very specific details of the work you have done. Avoid generalizing and talking in a "philosophical" manner - facts, facts, facts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to change their mind.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Conway, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (North Conway, NH) in October 2011.

Interview

I first received a call from a recruiter that conducted an initial screening for the position. A subsequent interview with the recruiter was more in depth and included situational questions such as "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an insubordinate employee..." Secondary parts to this question included: "How did you correct the solution?" "What steps did you take to follow up on the unsatisfactory behavior?". This interview was largely "scripted" and followed a series of questions that were outlined by corporate. The interviewers were "going through the motions"; however, given the scripted nature of the interview as well as the broad responses to my questions, I knew within an hour that the interviewers were not really interested in hiring me. I came into the interview with nearly twenty years experience in sales, technical support, and software engineering - ten of which included managing employees and/or volunteers. Yet, I felt that the panel had to "go through the motions" to satisfy a corporate mandate. The panel, in my opinion, had already chosen the candidate and wasted my time and theirs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • How have you helped to improve an employee's poor job performance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Manhattan, KS) in June 2010.

Interview

You take a Performance Based Interview, two role play scenerios where you coach an employee on sales techniques and a handle an upset customer, and a computer test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to bring a group of people together to complete a task   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Long process. It took over 2 months for them to respond. Once the interview process started I had 1 interview per week for 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• N/A. They follow the normal performance based questions. They want you to tell a story how your skills came out during a situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A. This level had very little room to negotiate.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Interview process takes a long time, it took almost three months for me to receive a job after my first phone interview. The general process is a phone interview first, then an in-person interview with the chance of another in-person interview. The interviews will be like no other interview you will have done in the past. The questions are related to previous specific experiences you have had. If you are not specific you will not do well in this interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiated the base salary

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in November 2011.

Interview

The experience was awful: unorganized from the beginning and inconsistent throughout the whole process. Be prepared for a barrage of behavioral based questions, not questions probing reasons you wish to work for US Cellular.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have to give feedback to a peer.   Answer Question