U.S. Cellular Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Cellular Store Manager Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to take a virtual interview through HireVue, which I completed. The recruiter notified me he forwarded my information to the hiring manager and should expect to hear from someone in the next couple weeks. I was then contacted by a store manager from the area. I returned his call and set up an in person interview time. He then called me back that same day, said he had overbooked himself and needed me to come in on a Saturday, though he had actually confused me with someone else. After reminding him of our interview time he said he could still make our meeting. On the day of the interview he arrived 10 minutes late, teased me about being in the hot seat, and began to explain the interview process to me in minute detail, like I didn't know the proper way to respond or behave in an interview. After asking for my background he cut me off before I could finish, then asked me why I was interested in becoming a retail consultant, even though I had applied for a store manager position. When I informed him of this he blamed the recruiter and said the two interviews were basically the same. He then jumped around his interview questions, which did not discuss leadership scenarios or anything I perceived as relevant to the position I had believed I was applying for. In the middle of the interview he said he didn't think I had the experience necessary (which contradicted the job description posted, and my forward momentum through the recruiting process) and asked if I'd be willing to consider a part time sales position. He was not prepared for the interview, familiar with my resume or the position I was applying for, and was unprofessional and condescending. Needless to say I was not hired for the position, but I do not feel that my talent or abilities were genuinely considered.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to influence a buying decision.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in February 2012.

Interview

detailed in nature, online process as well as several interviews as you continue to progress through the process. met with several leaders within the store level management team as well as upper level management

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Tulsa, OK) in January 2010.

Interview

Company takes it's interviews very seriously for leadership positions. Had a phone screening, then a two-on-one (challenging, but fun), then another two-on-one (which was easy), Then took a 6 hour skill test on computer and over phone. It tested organization, coaching, prioritization, communication, and decision making. Moved through the process pretty quickly, except for background which was a little slow.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to have a difficult conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was satisfied and I did not try to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

I am internal, so the last step in either a PBI interview, or meet and greet based on the ASM. Prior to being able to apply I had to write an essay, submit resume, present essay over the phone to a panel, PBI interview, attend a workshop, create and apply action plan from the work shop, attend another work shop, take a 5 hour assessment (facilitated by a 3 rd party vendor, done over the phone), pass the assessment and then can apply for next level openings

Interview Questions

• PBI based questions that are specfic to the duties of the role (tell me about a time in which you "customer interaction, drive business results, coached someone to improvement, etc")   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in February 2011.

Interview

Gaining the cooperation of others can be difficult. Give a specific example of when you had to do that and what challenges you faced. What was the outcome? What was the long-term impact on your ability to work with this person?
    Please give me your best example of working cooperatively as a team member to accomplish an important goal. What was the goal or objective? What was your role in achieving this objective? To what extent did you interact with others on this project?
    Tell me about a time when your coworkers gave you feedback about your actions. How did you respond? What changes did you make?
    Describe a project you were responsible for that required a lot of interaction with people over a long period of time.
    How have you recognized and rewarded a team player in the past? What was the situation?
    Tell me about a course, work experience, or extracurricular activity where you had to work closely with others. How did it go? How did you overcome any difficulties?
    Describe a problem you had in your life when someone's help was very important to you.