U.S. Department of Agriculture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Department of Agriculture Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2018

2.7

Software Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Monday -Friday , 10AM -5PM,
    Telephone Interview, Face to Face, Skype interview as well

Interview Questions

• HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, SQL Server, Jenkins ,Selenium-WebDriver, Rational Test Manager, Clear Quest, HP Quick Test Professional/UFT   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Department of Agriculture in December 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position through USAJOBS. About two months later received an email to schedule an interview over the phone. Upon acceptance after about two months, began background check process, which took about three months. Over all positive experience and straightforward process, albeit long.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest issue in agricultural that the US should focus on?   Answer Question

Administrative Law Judge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Department of Agriculture (Alexandria, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

First had to file an application. Then you were requested to submit a writing sample and detailed resume. There was then a phone interview to gauge your personality. If you make it through this point, then you were brought in for face-to-face interview in the regional and national office.

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Department of Agriculture (New Orleans, LA) in January 2012.

Interview

Executed with three sets of panelists, 10+ people. Grilled on anything and everything within the law. The job description did not meet the actual duties of said position. I have worked at higher level positions with higher security clearances without having to jump through hoops. Too many egos going on to get things done properly in my opinion.

Negotiation

No negotiations

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Department of Agriculture (Washington, DC).

Interview

A structured, timed and scored interview process. 5 people on the panel who took turns asking the questions. They told me I had 2 min to respond to each question where at the end of each, they all would score me.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a difficult customer experience and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Acquisitions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Department of Agriculture (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied at USAjobs.gov, this is long drawn out process. Things in the government move slow. I believe this has to do with fair competition and the just the nature of government. Interview was pretty straightforward. usajobs.gov is pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Department of Agriculture in January 2017.

Interview

Teleconference interview with panel, one person was live with me. They took turns asking questions. Had a preset list of questions for every candidate. Took about an hour. Met the staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. What is something those who work with you would say is your strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Interview

The interview process was based on performance. There were about 2-3 questions per questions with a total of 10-12 questions. There were 3 interviewers (panel interview) who took turns asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult person, what was the issue and how did I resolve it?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Department of Agriculture (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was long but the interview was good, it was a panel of about 8 people. They all had questions and each person asked a questions as it related to their department.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that relates to the job you are applying to?   1 Answer

International Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Department of Agriculture (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

This was a 30 minute phone interview with my to-be supervisor and three others. It was a typical interview with the boilerplate questions about problem solving style and resolving a conflict. Technical skills and prior experiences in the field were not discussed at length.

Interview Questions

• Describe your problem-solving process in situations where no clear precedent exists.   1 Answer