U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in March 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward, reached out to supervisor with cover letter and she followed up with a phone call and we set up a phone interview. There were no tricks to the process and overall I was impressed with the organization. Did not end up accepting the offer only due to the timing of the internship.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is an example of strength and of a weakness?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was just a normal, average interview. No trick questions. You have to be able to explain why you are interested in the position. It was a one - on - one interview. Lasted almost one hour. Nothing unusual. Quick response - I heard back in 2 business days. Friendly interviewer. Overall good experience with the interview.

Interview Questions

• So what do you think we do?   1 Answer

Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel. Each person asked a couple of questions. They did have follow up questions to some of my answers which I felt was good because they were actually listening to my answers. I am not fond of phone interviews because I would rather look the people in the eye when I am speaking.

Interview Questions

• If someone has to be disappointed would it be your supervisor, your coworker or your customer?   Answer Question

Legal Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (Washington, DC).

Interview

I interviewed at the IMPACT legal career fair, held in D.C. EEOC is an active participant and interviewer. Multiple officers were interviewing at the career fair (Commissioner, OFC).

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my first year legal brief. The interviewer changed the facts of my case and asked me how I would have written my brief in response.   Answer Question

Federal Investigator Interview

Interview

It was quite a long process. Completed application materials online, submitted documents via mail, was interviewed two months later, and started three months after I applied

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No nregotiation

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

online screening through OPM, in-person interview, job offer, Spanish speaking/writing/reading skills for bilingual position, role play, how to deal with public, basic info about the agency (review their website before interviewing), do you have a personal reason or connection for working in the field of civil rights

Interview Questions

• what reasons do you have for wanting to work in civil rights/employment field   1 Answer

Federal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2011.

Interview

EEOC requires written answers to an extensive list of questions from which they select interviewees. Higher classified positions require more direct skills and experiences. Actual interviews are held by Supervisor and Area Manager are not difficult but presentation and articulation of skills and experiences needs to be clear, concise, and coherent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process.

Administrative Judge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (Memphis, TN) in September 2009.

Interview

Received call from deputy director. Interviewed with both deputy director and director for approximately one hour. The panel interview focused heavily on behavioral questions. The work culture appeared very relaxed and layed back. The incumbent handled a large caseload so several interview questions regarding organizational and time management skills. Sounded like there was a lot of travel, greater than 50% expected.