U.S. General Services Administration Federal Career Internship Program - Multiple Positions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Federal Career Internship Program - Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed through college career services. When I arrived there were 3 recent employee greeters from GSA who gave me a folder with all the pertinent information about the positions and process of getting hired and answered questions in an informal manner. Then I had a 1:1 interview with someone who I instantly clicked with. She was very personable and easy-going. She tried to put me at ease right from the start. They have a form that they fill out throughout the interview which included 4 detailed questions. For one of the questions I had to ask her to repeat it because I wanted to stay on track with my answer which she said beforehand was OK. She said that it would take up to 3 weeks before I hear anything one way or another. In the info packet there is a link for testing that you have to take for each one of the positions you want to apply for with a 2 weeks deadline. They encourage you to apply for as many as you want, it doesn't hurt you. These were the positions: Transportation Operations Specialist, Realty Specialist, Supply System Specialist, Program Analyst, Human Resource Analyst, Contract Specialist, Business Systems Specialist, Bulding Management Specialist, Asset Manager, IT Specialist, & Budget Analyst/Financial Management Analyst. You start at a GS-7 and each year automatically move up another grade to GS-12 (year 4) at which point you have to compete with everyone else for a promotion. Philly salaries are GS-7=$41,383, GS-9=$50,620, GS-11=$61,245, GS-12=$73,408 (automatic raises unless you don't measure up) + goverment benefits. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was a negative situation that you were able to turn into a positive.   Answer Question
  • Give an example of an opportunity you had to be a leader.   Answer Question