U.S. General Services Administration Contract Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. General Services Administration Contract Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was quick for me due to the fact they were in need. Situational & general background questions were asked. It was very structural. Very comfortable setting. I was interviewed by two people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

In depth interview with 1 person in conference room and a laptop with 2 managers via video conference. I had to juggle looking at the laptop and looking at the manager in the room. One of the mangers turned their camera on, the other didn't. Very unprofessional. A lot of questions were asked that my resume did not support because I didn't have the experience. Not sure why I was selected for an interview. Tough overall.
    I moved onto the second phase and received a second interview via phone with 3 different managers. The second interview was personality based and went much smoother than the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
      Why are you the best candidate for the position?
      Describe a specific scheduling contract situation, IDIQ contract and government wide contract? (3 part question)
      Which do you prefer LPTA or tradeoff and why?
      Given a scenario, which contract type would you choose and why?
      What is a COR (Contracting Officer Representative)? What is their role and what do you do if the COR does not follow procedures?
      Describe a time things dissolved quickly, what did you do to resolve the situation?
      Describe a time you had a disagreement at work, what did you do to resolve it?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration.

Interview

Interview was quick and brief.You get 2 interviews followed by 2 face to face. Interviewed by 2 people and then the director afterwards. They tell you that its a contractor position for a few months due to someone having medical condition. They really liked me and said congrats and welcome onboard but you will have to undergo a federal background check process to get cleared. Which was fine by me. The do a full federal background check that takes a full long 4-5 weeks. Then after that they won't keep you posted about any updates. Several weeks go by and they will tell you they won't need you anymore since the person got healthy and came back for their position.

So I would not trust any of their hiring processes unless you get something signed and documented.

Supervisory Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Communication is typical Federal Government standard. The questions are comprised off of a standard list recommended and employed throughout the agency. Typically, there are at least two rounds of interviews if referred by HR and considered. If referred by HR, can be eliminated in first round. The division being considered was for the Public Building Services Division. History will show that the division typically hires from within. Pretty much wasted time to apply. Accountability is also questionable as part of the work culture. Since the hiring practice is to hire internally, benchmarking against the industry is limited. Have interfaced with the division in performing acquisitions of products and services. It is quite limited on its capabilities outside of construction services.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation that you provide a solution to when a decision had to made between established milestone and quality of a particular project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

I saw the notice on Monstertrak.com for a paid internship for a Contract Specialist. You are in a two year probationary period. Applied by simply sending a cover letter and resume to HR. I was able to skip the USAJOBS.gov website. I recieved an email to call for scheduling an interview. I interviewed with a Panel of 3 managers at one time. I then had to get fingerprinted and a security check was done. I then got an email saying I recieved the job. The entire process from applying to recieving the email was about 7 months. Took 4 months just to hear they wanted an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a contract protest?   1 Answer
    • How do you describe yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in August 2011.

Interview

One hour Interview process for contracting officer with GSA. I heard they are great to work for so I applied. They start out the interview with introducing themselves on the panel. They follow up with what GSA does. They end up with letting you know the description of the job you would be doing and the buyers you would supervise. A lot of the questions are about your experience and the type of contracts you have done. The questions are many scenario questions and what you would do in different situations. It is not what you can really study for. No questions are given to you in advance. You pretty much have to have lots of experience with the type of contracts GSA deals with. You will also need a warrant for this position. You may feel you know the answer and respond that way, but is it the answer they were looking for? They were very friendly and try to make you comfortable.

Supervisory Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. General Services Administration in March 2011.

Interview

Potential Candidates coming from external to the agency have a good opportunity to get in to the agency. The agency is quite reluctant to hire intra-division. Work culture is fine however, the level of experience within the field practiced is average at best. The hiring process is standard Government. The initial contacts are well organized. Typically, there are a couple of panel interviews. Questions are selected from a standard list. Not all questions are presented. Indicating skill sets from the private industry will assist in the hiring process. Those coming in from the private industry may actually shine within if management encourages and supports new thinking and ideas.

Interview Questions

• If a new project was needed to be completed, and all of the team members have a full assignment of packages, how would you hand out the project and what influence and determination your choice?   Answer Question
    • In a difficult situation with a client, how were you able to convey to the client convincingly that the strategy decided and employed is the right one and wny?   1 Answer