U.S. Government Accountability Office Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Analyst

Create your profile to get personalized information

U.S. Government Accountability Office Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at U.S. Government Accountability Office

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office.

Interview

met with a junior analyst with the team, I was interviewing for. We talked about the position. I then interview with two senior analyst and a HR person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Government Accountability Office

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in April 2009.

Interview

It takes a while. From start to finish, most of a year. If you want to come in under the PDP program, you'll need to intern here between your first and second year of grad school.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a congressional internship I had 10 years ago. Be prepared to discuss relevant experience from anything on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Look into your rights per OPM guidelines. I did not negotiate, but I regret it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office.

Interview

I had a phone interview for the internship and then converted to full time employee after the internship.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall the most difficult question, but I do recall they asked me how I would conduct a research study.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewers were very nice, eloquent, personable, and had great things to say about their experiences at the GAO. The interview questions were very regimented and formalized though, so it felt kind of awkward at times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you conducted research - explain how you came up with your research design, what kinds of methodology you used, quantitative and qualitative, and how you used it to solve your research question.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in April 2009.

Interview

1) You're greeted by someone who has worked 2-3 year at GAO.
    2) You'r interviewed by 2-3 people from different missions teams. Basic Qs include why you want to work there; examples of working in team, esp. difficult teams; examples of knowledge and experience in research methods;

Interview Questions

• How do you deal wit a team member that is not contributing his/her share of the work?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office.

Interview

Applied 12/2012, received a call for an interview in 5/2013. The interview occurred a week later. One week after the interview, I was given a tentative offer by telephone.

I met with three employees. One was from PDP. One was in leadership. The last was a senior analyst. They were very friendly. The interview was conversational. I was told they were only hiring around 70 to 75 analysts.

The questions were not a surprise. They wanted to discuss my experience with working in groups, quantitative analysis, qualitative analysis, and writing. Although, they wanted me to discuss times I've conducted analysis only in a group setting or within a group.

Interview Questions

• No surprise interview questions. They do not seem the type of organization to pull off something crazy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

fairly straight forward. they asked me a lot about the information i filled out in the questionnaire

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office (Atlanta, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Completed KSA and made it through to interviews. Had a group interview with office manager, assistant director, and senior analyst. Interview had feel of a case interview. Very helpful to prepare for questions that ask how you would design a case. Really enjoyed the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office (Washington, DC) in March 2009.

Interview

I applied on USAJOBS in November 2008. Got an e-mail from the employer in mid January that they will be calling me to set up an interview. I was offered an option of having an in person or over the phone interview, and I took the phone option. They set up an over the phone interview 2-3 weeks ahead of time, that I had to reschedule because I had a bad cold and was all stuffed up, not good for a phone interview. They were very flexible and we came up with another date another 2-3 weeks into the future. The interview lasted close to 2 hours. I was interviewed by 3 people: 1 HR and two from the area that was hiring. They gave me the timeline when I would be hearing from them, and they contacted me with an offer just when they said they would.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience of working in teams: both position and negative. How did you handle the later.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through USAJobs, which is usually a blackhole. I had applied for an internship at GAO a year prior and never heard back. This time, I received an email 4 months later saying I had an interview. Thankfully I had been in school up to that point and wasn't as active about the job search, otherwise I likely would've accepted another job offer.

Following the email, it took less than one week to schedule the interview, which took place one week later. The interview was scheduled for three hours, but the first hour was spent informally speaking with a current analyst and learning more about the agency. The second hour was a structured interview with senior analysts; these questions touched on my academic and professional history, experience working with data systems, working and communicating effectively in a group, etc. The third hour was a less structured interview with two directors; I spoke less formally about my interest in the subject material and general professional aspirations.

Following the interview, I had a competing job offer, so I was able to leverage receiving my offer within two weeks of the interview. Had I not had a competing offer, I imagine I would have had to wait a month.

Interview Questions

• Please speak about a time you worked in group to complete a project. How did you ensure that the project was completed thoroughly and on time?   Answer Question