U.S. Government Accountability Office Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview session was brief but professional. Interview took place in a panel format, and included mid to senior level management personnel. Questions were direct and directly attributable to the skills required as part of the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Government Accountability Office

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through USAJobs, which is usually a blackhole. I had applied for an internship at GAO a year prior and never heard back. This time, I received an email 4 months later saying I had an interview. Thankfully I had been in school up to that point and wasn't as active about the job search, otherwise I likely would've accepted another job offer.

Following the email, it took less than one week to schedule the interview, which took place one week later. The interview was scheduled for three hours, but the first hour was spent informally speaking with a current analyst and learning more about the agency. The second hour was a structured interview with senior analysts; these questions touched on my academic and professional history, experience working with data systems, working and communicating effectively in a group, etc. The third hour was a less structured interview with two directors; I spoke less formally about my interest in the subject material and general professional aspirations.

Following the interview, I had a competing job offer, so I was able to leverage receiving my offer within two weeks of the interview. Had I not had a competing offer, I imagine I would have had to wait a month.

Interview Questions

• Please speak about a time you worked in group to complete a project. How did you ensure that the project was completed thoroughly and on time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

fairly straight forward. they asked me a lot about the information i filled out in the questionnaire

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office (Washington, DC) in March 2009.

Interview

I applied on USAJOBS in November 2008. Got an e-mail from the employer in mid January that they will be calling me to set up an interview. I was offered an option of having an in person or over the phone interview, and I took the phone option. They set up an over the phone interview 2-3 weeks ahead of time, that I had to reschedule because I had a bad cold and was all stuffed up, not good for a phone interview. They were very flexible and we came up with another date another 2-3 weeks into the future. The interview lasted close to 2 hours. I was interviewed by 3 people: 1 HR and two from the area that was hiring. They gave me the timeline when I would be hearing from them, and they contacted me with an offer just when they said they would.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience of working in teams: both position and negative. How did you handle the later.   Answer Question