U.S. Government Accountability Office Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

I applied for the position using the USA jobs website. There were questions that required a narrative which I answered carefully. I refined my answers several times, as the website allows you to change your application up until the closing date. About 2 weeks later I was contacted by an HR person who scheduled me for an interview with the department chief and team members the following week. I was provided with their names and titles beforehand. The day of the interview I met with the HR contact who explained the process and answered my questions, and the interview itself was 45 minutes long, where I was asked about 4 or 5 open-ended questions which pertained to either my experience or the work that department does. I was told that they used a standard set of questions for this position so as to compare each applicant equally.

About 2 weeks later I was extended an offer and accepted.

Everyone involved seemed very happy and professional, and the entire process was extremely comfortable, yet focused on figuring out who I was and exploring my skillset. I think my timeframe was very short compared to the hiring of other GAO positions, such as analysts, and shouldn't be used as a comparison.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would handle having to explain to someone that their project has been pre-empted by another more important project (not an exact quote)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was happy with the starting salary.