U.S. Government Accountability Office Entry-Level Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

U.S. Government Accountability Office Entry-Level Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at U.S. Government Accountability Office

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office.

Interview

I responded to a job posting on USAjobs.gov in December 2012 and received a response inviting me to interview about 6 months later. They were very friendly and accommodating in scheduling the interview.

The interview itself was with three people--One of a somewhat Sr. Management position, a middle manager and a Sr. analyst. They were all perfectly nice, however some were more chatty, while others focused more on taking notes and came off more stiff when asking questions.

The questions generally asked you to describe experiences on a team, doing research, writing reports, how you overcame challenges in a group, etc...I was asked a question about a research project and the question did not specify that I discuss a team project--so I didn't. Once I completed the answer they asked it again and requested I discuss a team project if possible. Takeaway--prepare as many examples which include the team element so you have enough different stories to talk about and demonstrate your skills and experience.

At the end you are given an opportunity to ask questions of the interviewees. You are also given time to talk to a greeter--more of a Jr/Sr analyst person who is not formally involved with assessing the candidate--to ask any questions about the organization.

One tip--I found I dealt with a lot of different people throughout the process. The person who contacted me about my application was different from the person who set up the interview. There were multiple names included on emails setting up the interview, but only one of them was present for the interview--with 2 other people who I didn't expect to be there. Finally, another new person contacted me about my offer. Make sure you ask for a card if you want to contact your interview panel afterwards because it is easy to mix people up with so many hands in the process.

Interview Questions

• There really aren't any difficult or unexpected questions. It seems as though they use a standard set of interview questions in order to fairly assess each candidate. The important part is to stress your team work and communication skills it would seem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated unsuccessfully. This is a government job and while their compensation structure is less strict than the GS pay scale they do have a formula that they seems to adhere to pretty closely.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Government Accountability Office

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in May 2018.

Interview

Applied in November and got an interview in May. The interview was a panel of three midlevel directors all asking questions pertaining to teamwork and time management. Overall lasted about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please describe one challenge you had working in a team.   Answer Question