U.S. Government Accountability Office Student Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Student Trainee

U.S. Government Accountability Office Student Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at U.S. Government Accountability Office

1 Interview Review

Student Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in March 2018.

Interview

Applied in mid-December and status was updated to "Among the Best Qualified" in mid-February. Invited for an interview in late February. Interviewed in early March and received an offer two weeks after the interview. The offer is tentative pending a background investigation and evidence of college enrollment.

Before the interview, I was introduced to an analyst who told me about the work and answered any of my questions. The interview consisted of a panel with three senior analysts. I was told the interview would last one hour but I was done in 45 minutes. Interviewers began by introducing themselves, talking to me about the position and organization, and then started asking questions. Each member of the panel asked pre-written questions and took notes of my responses. At the end, they asked if I had any questions and then talked to me about the next steps. The analyst who greeted me met with me at the end to answer any more questions I had.

Interview questions focused on a couple of major areas: research experience, writing skills, presentation experience, and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked on a research project, what difficulties you faced and how you addressed them.   Answer Question
  • What do you think are the most important aspects of a good team?   Answer Question
  • How have you dealt with feedback on your work? How have you incorporated feedback in your work?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you presented research and how you tailored your presentations to a variety of audiences.   Answer Question