U.S. Government Accountability Office Summer IT Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Government Accountability Office Summer IT Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at U.S. Government Accountability Office

1 Interview Review

2.0

Summer IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Government Accountability Office in April 2012.

Interview

The HCO department (government HR) does a poor job handling applications so expect problems. Paperwork aside, once I got my interview offer I scheduled it and did the interview within two days. The interview lasted one hour and was with an assistant director and one IT analyst. Like a GAO report, they started with introductions, stated what they were going to do, explained how it would go (the interview), wrapped up the interview, reviewed what we went over, and asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a group project or time you were on a team and someone was not doing their part.   1 Answer
  • Describe how you prioritize tasks.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to collect, analyze, and present data.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. After I "accepted" my offer, the HCO department took a week to "set" my salary by reviewing my credentials. This was a waste of time as they just put me on step 1 of GS7. Every intern gets put on step 1, so don't expect anything higher.