U.S. Office of Personnel Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easier than I expected. It was strictly a 30 minute phone interview. They asked great questions and allowed me to take my time in answering them. They were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my writing because the main duty of the job is writing detailed reports.   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (Washington, DC).

Interview

Most all are hired through USJobs.gov. It is a lengthy process and one must pay careful attention to all the information provided in the announcement. Tailor resume to fit each individual job using key words from the job description.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should hire you instead of the other 149 applicants.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very fast. It was quick and painless. However, it was not very thorough. I think if it had been longer, that would have been better. I wish I would have learned more about the organization, the people there, why they worked there and more about the work I would be doing.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Overall the process took 8 months. Application to first day. The interview process was basic. I was asked general background information. I was asked about the USAJOBS.gov website. I was asked to describe the features of my cellphone. In the end my employer asked the wrong questions and did not take my experience into consideration.

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management.

Interview

Very structured. Several multi-part questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a peer or customer on a project. How did you deal with it and what was the outcome? How did you feel about it?   Answer Question

Assistant Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

I apllied online, after 2 days a received a phone call from HR setting up an interview for the next week. I meet with HR manager the interview took about a hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was fix.

Information Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

Very straightforward process that began with the submission of an application. Then continued with three rounds of interview sessions. The first two rounds of interviews was conducted one on one with two separate Directors. The next round was a panel interview where questions were asked by several members of a panel. Following about 24-48 hours of discussion and analysis, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What contributions did I feel I could make to the organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed a 3 panel committee that went over the usual 'what would you do', and 'tell me a time'... In my case the panel consisted of my future boss, and then two of the individuals above that position. The panel was thorough and expected answers to in a clear concise form. As an investigator you must be able to articulate and social well with people, this interview was a demonstration of that ability. The interview went well (in my opinion), and ended with a random writing assignment with a 15 minute time limit. This is done to show your ability to process information on a timeline and management capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a supervisor?   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you take constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andrews AFB, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (Andrews AFB, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Pre-screening interview to describe job and gauge interest and then an hour phone interview asking a variety of general interview questions. Two people on conference call and questions were basic but practice and preparation are necessary.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at work where you had to deal with a difficult person and how you handled it   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Office of Personnel Management in September 2016.

Interview

It took approximately a month to get an interview, which was a 3 on 1 Behavioral Interview. The only thing is they never get back to you. Even after emailing the HR coordinator, they indicated that they would update the system to indicate if you were selected or not, and nothing. I suppose you have to assume that if you hear nothing that you did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• When you have multiple tasks, which do you tackle first? The hardest or the easiest?   Answer Question