U.S. Security Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

1.9

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume called 2 days later. Went in for interview, person not there to interview me. Came for second interview one interviewer says what are you here for oh well I can't interview you for that position​. We will let you know.

Interview Questions

• We have to other positions are you interested?   1 Answer

Billing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online received an email a couple of weeks later to set up a phone screen. There were a few emails exchanged back and forth regarding a good time for the call.

Interview Questions

• Phone call lasted approximately 20 minutes. When it was 'discovered' that I even though I was "over qualified" , the question of salary came up. I was asked what I was looking for in terms of compensation, and when I asked what the position paid interviewer was extremely rude.   Answer Question

Security Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for Security Supervisor on 3/1/2017.

// 1 - APPLICATION PROCESS //

Their application process is absolutely disorganized and unprofessional. It's an insane mess. I had to apply several different times to get my application to actually go through. I ended up finally entering "see other application" because my fingers literally got tired of typing. I really wanted the job, but it's clear that people who are passively looking are not going to apply with such a mud-ridden system. It really advertises the work environment you're about to enter.

// 2 - THE HR RESPONSE //

The next day I receive a phone call from an unknown number in Seattle, WA. Look, if I apply for a jobs in Portland-OREGON, I'm not going to expect a call from SEATTLE, so I won't answer it on the first go. The caller didn't bother having the common courtesy of leaving a voicemail message, which tells me one of two things: 1, the caller wasn't really interested in speaking to me - or 2, the caller dialed the wrong number.

After realizing I had missed a call, I Googled the number (253-874-1172). It was U.S. Security Associate's HR number in Seattle. Seeing as I had invested almost two hours on their dysfunctional application process, I felt obligated to call back. I was met with a long ring-tone and a voicemail of an HR manager (feel free to call the number to find out her name).

// 3 - THE INTERVIEW (if it were to happen) //

Since I've been officially snubbed by HR (that means HR hung me out to dry, simply for not answering the phone, despite not being employed by them), I've crafted my own interview fantasy (that is probably more realistic than not):

HR: So tell us about yourself.

Me: I'm 26; a military instructor; pursuing a degree in security management with a concentration in counterespionage; 5 years of loss prevention and security experience; 7 years of anti-terrorism training and experience; and I'm looking for a career in the security industry.

HR: That's great. Well we will like to say that we are sorry, the supervisor position was just filled, but we have an excellent opportunity for you. How would you like to be a regular security officer? We offer competitive wages. How does $12.00/hr sound?

Me: [prepares Dr. Evil voice acting]: HOW BOUT NO!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in March 2017.

Interview

Interview did not happen, interviewer was an hour behind schedule. Tried asking questions of office staff and received not my job in reply. Front desk staff was clueless and stayed away from window.

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Cumming, GA).

Interview

Received a call from the company recruiter. She asked me a number of questions. When I asked her about the position, she didn't have any information to share. She said I sounded like a great candidate and I'd be contacted for an interview with the hiring person. I never got any further calls or contact.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Had me come to their office and had a short 10 minute interview just to tell me that they didn't have any positions open even though they have job postings online.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in September 2016.

Interview

While conducting the interview he received a phone call and apologized that he must answer because it's pay day. Then another phone call, then another. In 1/2 hour 3 phone calls, apparently the company has far to many payroll issues. The reviews for this company is totally true and I knew this going in and saw for myself that they have problems. It was uncomfortable and for sure I didn't want to work for this company.

Unarmed Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day for an interview. They have 2 offices I went to the recruiter who call me and the post I applied for wasn't even the post for that office. The next day I went to the other office the guy did not look like a recruiter instead he look like a security officer who just got off of work. He offers the job to me then stepped out came back in and say we full for orientation and I have to call and see if we still have that post anyways we will give you a call. Most unprofessional interview I've ever been on in my life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Freeport, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Came in to talk to the Project Manager, was asked where i worked previously, how long, what my duties consisted of and how long i worked with previous job.

Once was hired went through the process of taking a class and testing

Interview Questions

• Why did I decide to leave previous job?   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Joliet, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online via another job site; received phone call and email from company; had phone interview; had personal interview. Very comfortable, very relaxed they made me feel at ease throughout the whole process. By the time I had gotten to the 1 on 1 interview they had narrowed it down to me and 3 others, therefore, I began the interview with a positive outlook. However, realistically I had no experience dispatching for the warehouse industry and one of the other probably did.

Interview Questions

• Interest, Previous Experience, How I would handle different customer situations, would I be willing to relocate, would I be willing to train with and as a team.   Answer Question