U.S. Security Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

1.7

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was offered an interview after I applied on ZipRecruiter and I accepted the interview offer. The pay of 10.00/hr an hour was not enough to maintain stability for my family and I. The interviewer also let me know that the turnover rate was high at the company which for me was a red flag l. No Benefits, No decent pay for a family of four. No Go! Although I would recommend to someone single living with their mom.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume called 2 days later. Went in for interview, person not there to interview me. Came for second interview one interviewer says what are you here for oh well I can't interview you for that position​. We will let you know.

Interview Questions

• We have to other positions are you interested?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in June 2017.

Interview

I had to go for a 2nd interview basically with the FSD and learn the building. He asked me all sorts of questions relating to the building like, how many elevators, how many floors there are, what to do in this situation or that

Command Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Roswell, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on indeed.com . About 15 days later I got an email from a recruiter asking me if I could work nights and weekends for the shift. I agreed and she set up an interview for me with the hiring manager. My interview was scheduled for 11am on a Wednesday I arrived 30 mins early and was directed to wait in the lobby for the hiring manager. The interview was conducted in a meeting room in the command center downstairs. I was interviewed by a African American female and a Caucasian male. Both were very nice and welcoming and made me feel really comfortable from jump street. When I got there I learned the hours were actually 4 days a week 10 hours a day during the day time(6-5pm). They started off the interview telling me about the job the atmosphere and the people. Then they proceeded on asking me about my self and a series of questions. Interview took about 30 mins . They told me they had a few more interviews and would get back to me on Friday . I heard from them the following Tuesday with an offer. The time from the initial email to offer was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What is a call center?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your communication skills.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with working with other who don't have athe same work ethic as you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After the offer I found out the starting pay for this corporate position was $14.50. I accepted the offer

Flex Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in May 2017.

Interview

Just had a phone interview with irrelevant questions to the job. Like what attracted you to being a security guard? I honestly couldn't even tell you a good question they asked

Interview Questions

• There was no job related questions   1 Answer

Billing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online received an email a couple of weeks later to set up a phone screen. There were a few emails exchanged back and forth regarding a good time for the call.

Interview Questions

• Phone call lasted approximately 20 minutes. When it was 'discovered' that I even though I was "over qualified" , the question of salary came up. I was asked what I was looking for in terms of compensation, and when I asked what the position paid interviewer was extremely rude.   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (White Plains, NY).

Interview

They gave me a chance for the interview and get to know me. And also they asked me to get more opportunities. I signed papers too👍for hiring. They said I'll be called for start date

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They'll look for a site for me to work

Security Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for Security Supervisor on 3/1/2017.

// 1 - APPLICATION PROCESS //

Their application process is absolutely disorganized and unprofessional. It's an insane mess. I had to apply several different times to get my application to actually go through. I ended up finally entering "see other application" because my fingers literally got tired of typing. I really wanted the job, but it's clear that people who are passively looking are not going to apply with such a mud-ridden system. It really advertises the work environment you're about to enter.

// 2 - THE HR RESPONSE //

The next day I receive a phone call from an unknown number in Seattle, WA. Look, if I apply for a jobs in Portland-OREGON, I'm not going to expect a call from SEATTLE, so I won't answer it on the first go. The caller didn't bother having the common courtesy of leaving a voicemail message, which tells me one of two things: 1, the caller wasn't really interested in speaking to me - or 2, the caller dialed the wrong number.

After realizing I had missed a call, I Googled the number (253-874-1172). It was U.S. Security Associate's HR number in Seattle. Seeing as I had invested almost two hours on their dysfunctional application process, I felt obligated to call back. I was met with a long ring-tone and a voicemail of an HR manager (feel free to call the number to find out her name).

// 3 - THE INTERVIEW (if it were to happen) //

Since I've been officially snubbed by HR (that means HR hung me out to dry, simply for not answering the phone, despite not being employed by them), I've crafted my own interview fantasy (that is probably more realistic than not):

HR: So tell us about yourself.

Me: I'm 26; a military instructor; pursuing a degree in security management with a concentration in counterespionage; 5 years of loss prevention and security experience; 7 years of anti-terrorism training and experience; and I'm looking for a career in the security industry.

HR: That's great. Well we will like to say that we are sorry, the supervisor position was just filled, but we have an excellent opportunity for you. How would you like to be a regular security officer? We offer competitive wages. How does $12.00/hr sound?

Me: [prepares Dr. Evil voice acting]: HOW BOUT NO!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in March 2017.

Interview

Interview did not happen, interviewer was an hour behind schedule. Tried asking questions of office staff and received not my job in reply. Front desk staff was clueless and stayed away from window.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Winter Park, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter and told about the available position and it's duties. Recruiter was very thorough, friendly and helpful. After the initial talks with the recruiter began, it was a very short period of time before the interview process progressed rapidly to senior management. Senior management were very friendly and straight to the point in what they were looking for. Questions were relevant and fair.