U.S. Security Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Security Associates Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

1.6

Security Officer Interview

Interview

Sign an application, take urine test, look at your background info...there really wasn't much interviewing. They just made sure you were sane. After the interview and uniform sizing they set you up on any site they have available.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in None (Italy)

Interview

I applied on line. And was interviewed in person. Got two days training .drug tested and fingerprinted.one on one with the interviewer. He asked me my name ,How I got the knowledge of the Job, my age, skills and to describe my previous experience. After the interview ,he was satisfied and scheduled me for training. It was an awesome experience being interviewed by an experience gentle man in a reputable organization.

File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I went to the interview only for her to sit me in a room to tell me that she offered the job to someone else the day before. No calls or emails were made. I was upset because I ran around all morning to get a background check for no reason. And she was like, I thought my boss sent the email. This place looked unorganized and was a joke.

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Federal Way, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call the next day for an interview, easy process pick open site that's best for you, then training then drug test. Just know if you got an interview your most likely hired

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Corpus Christi, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Was very easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

Once you pass your background check your hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in October 2009.

Interview

It was just a one on one interview and a week later i was hired. It took one week for the background check to come back and the next day I started working.

Interview Questions

• They just asked me my work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

It was straightforward. Not going to be much help here. They were planning on hiring me before I even interviewed. They said they wanted to up the quality of the SOs.

They pretty much said you are smart and articulate. You're hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Portland, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of about a 30 minute phone call. My resume was reviewed and basically I had the job before the manager even talked to me. The only questions asked really were about my previous employment, if i have any criminal background, can I pass a drug test, and how soon I would be able to start. I was also promised many things such as gas reimbursement, benefits, etc, etc which I later found out were grossly exaggerated in order to get me to say yes to the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pay from $12 to $13 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (West Covina, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

This was the first security company I applied for, as the retail store I was working was doing very poor sales (I worked the second shift and the day people would maybe have $300 in sales, bad when they sell shoes for $30). Since I worked weekend swing shift and had mid-week off, going to their office wasn't a problem, but it was quite a drive from Long Beach.

Filled out the application online and invited for an interview. There was an older gentleman with prior security expereince in aerospace and told me "If they don't pay you at least $20/hour, don't bother." I should have taken the gentleman's statement as fact, but I didn't know better. Interview time wasn't honored; the receptionist waited until there were several of us in a tiny 12'x12' room (with seating for six) in stifling heat (also didn't help the was no A/C and we're wearing suits.

Had a group interview then the gal sat down with us individually for not more than five minutes and told me she'd be in touch. Get a callback a couple days later and was invited to fill out some additional information and take some assessments. Six hours later after watching several inane training videos in another stifling room with a dozen of us (with seating for six...but this was a 10'x10' room), I'm finally able to sit in front of some HR girl (yes, I'm calling her a girl because she had to be barely 20) and ask particulars about the assignments, additional training, advancement/promotions, compentsation, etc., but she couldn't give me any satisfying answers. It didn't help that she was just filling in from their San Diego office and didn't have a clue about LA/OC geography, but told me she can get me a post close to Long Beach ("Can you work in Escondido?" "Sorry, that's too far for me."). I'm thinking this company is a joke and just thanked the girl for her time, but this wasn't going to work for me.

A few days later, I get a call from the receptionist, informing me that I need to come in, pick up my uniforms and report to my post next week. Uh, hold the phone lady...I told her that I didn't accept anything, didn't have any of my questions answered ("Uh, I don't know, but I'll get back to you on that" was the girls response to most of my questions...such as "How much does the post pay?") and wasn't even presented with a written offer for employment. Then the receptionist gets really snippy, telling me that they spent considerable time and money processing my application and running my background and drug test. Funny bit was that I never took a drug test and if a background check takes you three days, it's no background check at all. We have a little spirited dialogue and I told her I'd email the questions I asked the HR girl and if you can answer them, I'll come in and continue the process. I think you know that by the tone of this review that I never received a reply to my email.

Interview Questions

No real offer given, just an assumption on their part that I'd just roll over and take a job with particulars (such as compensation) that I knew nothing about. This company is a complete joke and waste of time and gas. I have no clue how they got all those security awards (unless you can just pay for those endorsements).