U.S. Security Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Security Associates Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

1.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted on the phone a few days after. On the phone, I was asked to come into a client's store to be interviewed. When I arrived, I met the LPA who called me for the interview. The interview was informal, but was probably the easiest I've been to. She did 95% of the talking, which was pretty much just an explanation of the position, what can and cannot be done, and one question about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in a similar position?   1 Answer
    • Are you interested?   1 Answer

Security Officer Unarmed Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a response 2 days later via email for an interview. Arrived on time and waited 2.5hrs to finally be interviewed. There was 1 Human Resource person conducting interviews while other ppl walked back and forth chit chatting. Was only asked 3 questions, filled out paperwork, given a drug test and took an active shooter test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer or co worker, what happened and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Can you handle a high volume area?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they have set rates based on location.

Unarmed Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day for an interview. They have 2 offices I went to the recruiter who call me and the post I applied for wasn't even the post for that office. The next day I went to the other office the guy did not look like a recruiter instead he look like a security officer who just got off of work. He offers the job to me then stepped out came back in and say we full for orientation and I have to call and see if we still have that post anyways we will give you a call. Most unprofessional interview I've ever been on in my life.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very professional. He asked the correct questions an was very comftable. He showed me around the premise to show me what I was going to do an what the client wanted. He gave me the paperwork to fill out an complete the process

Armed Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

I walked into the regional office with a resume and they had me meet with the regional director who explained that they rely on good, hard working people. He then hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick, fast and on the spot hire. Friendly staff and they really want to fill up the open spots they have for this company. They prefer more entry level people for certain pays. Starting pay as entry is 9 to 9.75 an hour. Over all it is a very quick process they know who they want and you must come in there professionally dressed. It's only lengthy when they have to find you placement for where you're going to work sometimes it can take an hour but once they find it, they offer you a pay to accept and if you want they will give it to u if not then you can go or either try to fight it for a higher pay.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in certain scenarios.   3 Answers

Negotiation

It was short and fast, either you accept the offer or you don't.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

There was hardly any interview process. I went into my local branch office to fill out some paper work, and that was pretty much it. The lady who I spoke with wasn't even a "hiring associate", rather, she was an office attendant who basically did as she's told it seems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Freeport, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Came in to talk to the Project Manager, was asked where i worked previously, how long, what my duties consisted of and how long i worked with previous job.

Once was hired went through the process of taking a class and testing

Interview Questions

• Why did I decide to leave previous job?   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Joliet, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online via another job site; received phone call and email from company; had phone interview; had personal interview. Very comfortable, very relaxed they made me feel at ease throughout the whole process. By the time I had gotten to the 1 on 1 interview they had narrowed it down to me and 3 others, therefore, I began the interview with a positive outlook. However, realistically I had no experience dispatching for the warehouse industry and one of the other probably did.

Interview Questions

• Interest, Previous Experience, How I would handle different customer situations, would I be willing to relocate, would I be willing to train with and as a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Security Associates (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy the only thing asked from me was if I can stay awake long periods of time and stay alert. The only difficult part of the interview was that everyone in the building seemed so relaxed I did not know how seriously to take what was being asked of me.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if someone is causing disturbance to the building you are patrolling?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation everyone starts at 11 an hour the company however does try to work with you on your schedule if they cannot find anything that matches what you need it can mean you cannot get the job.