U.S. Xpress Computer Programmer Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Computer Programmer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2008.

Interview

I was given word that this company was hiring a new wave of paid interns for the computer programming field. I applied and was given an informal over the phone interview with the president of the company responsible for the internship. After that I was scheduled for a in person 1:1 interview which was basically just a "meet and greet". After I was given a panel interview with the Director of IT, the lead programmer, and the president again. The interview was basically drilling me to see what all I already knew, and to see if I was being honest on my application/resume. It wasn't too hard, but if i tried to B.S. my way through some of the questions they would call me on it, haha. After this interview I was called about 3 days later and told that I was one of the candidates they chose for the paid internship and talked pay over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It wasn't really a "negotiation" but more of a "what did you make before?" They matched my previous employers pay rate and also paid for college.