U.S. Xpress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gas City, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Gas City, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Informed me about the job and benefits. Then asked me if I had any questions. Told me I would be training out of state. I was very surprised by the pay. Have to wait until this Friday to find out if I got the job or not. The suspense is killing me.

Operations Tra Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Tedious. 3 part interview. Phone interview, in person, and Power Point Presentation. I did not get past the phone interview, but the questions on that interview were difficult. I took their suggestions to cross train and was told to reapply at a later date.

Interview Questions

• What is one quality that I value about myself   1 Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Submitted an application and received a call three days later from an internal recruiter. Interview was scheduled for five days later.

When I arrived on location I signed in at the front desk and only waited a few minutes. The manager gave a small tour of the area in which I would potentially be working. Most of the interview she talked about her experiences working for the company and the workplace culture, which seems to be along the lines of a Silicon Valley tech startup. I was only asked two questions. After the interview I was told that the recruiter would notify candidates in two to three weeks of their status in the process, but I was never contacted.

Overall a very friendly/comfortable environment.

Regional Human Resource Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress in August 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call from a manager of employee relations from this company who proceeded to give me a phone screen for the regional hr position. The interview questions she asked had a lot to do with my knowledge of basic hr practices. She asked questions like how would you respond if someone came into your office and asked that the conversation be kept completely confidential? She also asked if I had any extreme experience in ADA situations. After the phone screen she invited me in to interview with her director of HR and the operations manager at a facility in ohio. When I arrived at the company, the director greeted me at the door but did not shake my hand because she had a cold. After the interview I was given a tour of the facility and upon goodbyes still no hand shake (which I appreciated) but she also could not provide me with a business card or any type of contact information where she could be reached.

Driver Interview

Interview

It was what you would expect from any truck driving company. You need your hazmat endorsement and the process wasn't long.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress.

Interview

Interview was onsite. I got to sit down with the HR recruiter and ask some questions about my résumé. After that we took a tour of the building and did a sit in with a few employees and another interview with another manager. It was basically the same as with the HR recruiter.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Springfield, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I contacted them. They interviewed me and I got accepted into there next orientation class.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to drive for their company?   1 Answer
    • What am I looking for in a trucking company?   1 Answer

Background Investigator Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online and someone from Hr called me to schedule a interview. I was interviewed the next day and I just did not do well on the interview they asked me basic interview question like your weakness and strenghts and etc but the question that I messed up on was integrity.

Logisxtics Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress in September 2011.

Interview

Went to one on one interview, was told there would be a 2nd interview by ELT. And that I was one of two people they were considering for the position. Never happened called multiple times but they never responded to voice mails. Very unprofessional. Asked all types of questions, about if I was married or not, did I have kids, more questions about my personal life then about work related situations.