U.S. Xpress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.0

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview, then a group interview with two directors, immediate supervisor and hr manager. Then did a 2 hour job shadow. Got a call 3 days later to offer me the position

Equipment Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress in May 2017.

Interview

Very casual and very much intentional. Felt like they wanted to get to know me versus some places that just got through the motions.

Got a call from a recruiter, setup an interview time, 3 on 1 panel style interview, got an offer within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses   1 Answer
    • Your experience handling an upset customer/client.   1 Answer
    • What makes you interested in US Xpress?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gas City, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Gas City, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Informed me about the job and benefits. Then asked me if I had any questions. Told me I would be training out of state. I was very surprised by the pay. Have to wait until this Friday to find out if I got the job or not. The suspense is killing me.

Operations Tra Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Tedious. 3 part interview. Phone interview, in person, and Power Point Presentation. I did not get past the phone interview, but the questions on that interview were difficult. I took their suggestions to cross train and was told to reapply at a later date.

Interview Questions

• What is one quality that I value about myself   1 Answer

Capacity Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for five positions and went to three interviews. One interview was for Triage and two for Capacity buyer. The first interview was very straight forward interviewed with two gentlemen they were very respectful and professional. The second and third interview were very similar everyone was respectful and professional and made it a comfortable experience.

Anonymous Employee in Bessemer, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Bessemer, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in and met with the site manager. We talked about my background and experience. I asked some basic questions about US Xpress and the operation here in Bessemer.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation than asking questions. I think because of my experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick and straight forward, general questions about previous work experience and ability to do the necessary job functions. We went over the needs of the business moving forward and what would be expected. I applied and interviewed for a dispatching position but was hired on as an Account Supervisor l.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

EAsy going. When I walked in I was told to take off my jacket and tie. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I got to know interviewer as well as he got to know me

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in logistics specifically logistics brokerage   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Submitted an application and received a call three days later from an internal recruiter. Interview was scheduled for five days later.

When I arrived on location I signed in at the front desk and only waited a few minutes. The manager gave a small tour of the area in which I would potentially be working. Most of the interview she talked about her experiences working for the company and the workplace culture, which seems to be along the lines of a Silicon Valley tech startup. I was only asked two questions. After the interview I was told that the recruiter would notify candidates in two to three weeks of their status in the process, but I was never contacted.

Overall a very friendly/comfortable environment.

Parts Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Xpress (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and easy going. Very informative with company policies and procedures. Made for a very easy interview process. Had an interview with the Shop Manager and then a few days later with the Shop Manager and the Area Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are man hole covers round?   1 Answer