UAT (University of Advancing Technology) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UAT (University of Advancing Technology) Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at UAT (University of Advancing Technology)

Career Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at UAT (University of Advancing Technology) (Tempe, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I spent 4 weeks going through rounds of interviewing and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was informed that up to this point they were extremely impressed and the recruiter told me that i would certainly be hired for this position or another one at UAT The next round interviewer was out on vacation so i met with the president of the university. He asked me several inappropriate questions unrelated to my ability to accomplish the job tasks as assigned in the job description. Two days later i received a phone call that they had already hired someone for the position i was interviewing for. After that conversation i noticed that the job description was posted once again and when i asked about it i was informed that it was posted just to collect resumes. I was told that they wanted me to meet with another director for a position in a different office and that it was my choice to turn down this new position. This was not a meeting it was an interview that I was unprepared for because i was denied a job description after requesting one several times. I was then informed 2 weeks later that i would not be hired for this position either, with no further explanation. This university lies to its candidates and has extremely poor recruiting practices including asking illegal questions during interviews.

Interview Questions

• You recently moved to AZ, so are you going to be comfortable here with the heat?   1 Answer

Manager of Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UAT (University of Advancing Technology) (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was a bit different than others I've experienced. UAT functions as an open-concept office, so I interviewed with the talent specialist in a very casual, yet private, common space. The interview took about an hour and focused on culture and fit. I did have operational questions, but the specialist couldn't answer them because of the nature of this first interview. I was not prepared for this type of interview; I do wish I had known the nature of it before going in.

I was most disappointed with the conclusion of the interview. The specialist spent significant time telling me of next steps -- I'd be brought back in the following week for the next rounds, that I'd have three more sets of interviews, that two would be scheduled on the same day, and other indicators that I'd be moving forward. I followed up afterward with my thank-you email and how I was looking forward to the next steps. The next communication I had was a week later, informing me that the position had been filled by someone else. A few days after that, the position was readvertised.

I requested feedback from the specialist but I heard nothing.

IMHO, the specialist should not have led me to believe I was moving forward, whether or not I had a chance of doing so. There are other ways to explain next steps to make clear to the applicant what the steps are without leading the person on.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you believe in that none of your friends or colleagues believes in?   1 Answer

Bindery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UAT (University of Advancing Technology) (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Everything was very smooth and fast. It felt like I had the job before the interview started. i.e. the interview was simply a formality. Filling out the paperwork was super fast and easy. The entire HR staff was great and made sure I understood everything I was signing and/or filling out.

Associate Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UAT (University of Advancing Technology).

Interview

I met with HR. Then the faculty manager. They said I may be asked to show a presentation later to show my teaching skills.

It was a nice interview process. They are very clear about everything

Interview Questions

• They ask very straight forward questions. "what do you do for fun?"   Answer Question

Class schedule didn't work

Manager of Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UAT (University of Advancing Technology) (Tempe, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

The Talent Acquisition Specialist was very quick at getting me in the door to interview (next day after submitting my resume), however I am not sure what happened after the 2 hour interview that made them not want to bring me in to meet with the Provost and Owner. I was really bummed out as I felt as though I did everything spot on and really gave the interview my ALL. As a person dedicated to continuously improving, I asked the recruiter for some feedback regarding what I could have done (if anything) to increase my chances of a second interview and I never heard back from her.

They have a really cool office building with a touch screen tablet that is bigger than a 55 inch plasma TV. I really liked being around all the cool technology that the students are working on there.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation from your last job that really annoyed you (this was like a no-win question as you aren't supposed to air your dirty laundry but this question lends itself to that behavior).   1 Answer

Student Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UAT (University of Advancing Technology) (Tempe, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

The HR team should be a model for other organizations. I never experienced such professionalism, responsiveness and effective interactions with an HR team prior. They were kind, smart, well versed in the UAT culture and organized. They asked great questions to really assess if I would be a good cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when my integrity was challenged and what did I do?   Answer Question