UBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2018

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBM (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Here was my interview process: Week 1, recruiter reached out to see if I was a right fit for the position; phone interview was set up with hiring manager. Week 2; interview with HR (it was supposed to be face to face but the person could not make it, so phone interview instead). Week 3, in person interviews with the SVP and the hiring manger. Week 4, radio silence. Beginning of week 5, offer extended! Very laid back place with personable and professional people, so I do not understand the negative comments I see on here. The interview process is long, so be patient. I am very excited and happy about the role. Good luck to you all!

Interview Questions

• 1- Describe a project that went well and one that did not go well.
      2- How do you get information from people when they do not respond?   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UBM (Manhasset, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter from Florida and than she arranged for an in person interview. Meet with the General Manager followed by 3 employees. One was the manager of the group of the position I was interviewing for,followed by the employee of whom I'd be working with and the human resources person. After they said they were impressed with me multiple times it was made known that the position was "On Hold" and 3 months later I was still getting the run around but the position was approved and Id need to wait another week. The Manager and recruiter never got back to me after many attempts to make contact.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UBM (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview is laid back, but the process is drawn out and lengthy. There was no real structure when I was there. Asking you to use Checkster is painful and time consuming. (25 Business references + asking them to fill out a survey which takes more like 20 mins)

The "Hiring Consultant" was on vacation during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• They asked for salary up front and if I have any pending job offers?   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBM.

Interview

I applied and had HR contact me back asking for an interview. The process wasn't terrible but the knowledge of the company was pretty bad. HR didn't know much about my team/brand at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBM (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, one with the recruiter and the other with the hiring manager before I got asked to come into an interview on two separate days with 5 different people and went out of my way to accommodate the schedules of the managers I was interviewed by. After my final interview, I was told that they "really liked" me and that they'd follow up with an extensive reference check. Once this was complete, I failed to hear back from the recruiter or hiring manager so I contacted them and asked why there had been a delay. I was told the process complex than they initially thought and that I'd hear back from them after a certain date... It's been 2 months since the recruiting process began I've been left in the dark without a formal offer or rejection in hand... I cannot for the life of me comprehend why it's so difficult to say yay or nay to a candidate. I can only sum up my experience with this company in a few words: unworthy and downright unprofessional. Steer clear!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Be prepared for a long interview process. Usually begins with phone screen from a recruiter who works on behalf of company - this takes at least 30 minutes. If you pass this you will go through a series of interviews and for any level position expect to interview with a member of the executive management. They can also give you some homework exercises they will ask you to complete within 24 hours.
    Be prepared to furnish multiple references as their reference system is quite extensive.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you are prepared to speak about your current work and process in explicit detail.
      Be prepared with facts and figures.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation as they typically offer what you want to make sure you're happy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBM (Remote, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter connected with me, we set up an initial 30 minute interview. The interview focused on my roles and responsibilities, accomplishments at previous positions. We discussed timeframes and if the need was immediate or if it possible to wait to fill the position.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UBM (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty Basic initial screened by a recruiter, took a an online test, Talked with the hiring manager, met with the hiring manager and had a phone call with several potential peers and finally the VP

Interview Questions

• There was an online questioner that needed to be filled out   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I need job and the package was better then I had not working

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I had several rounds of interviews. A phone interview was conducted where I role played with my future manager. Basically, I did an elevator pitch/ Value Proposition. The manager and I reviewed my pitch. I then went on to several in person interviews.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at UBM (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Very nice interview for a position on their sales team. The Director I interviewed with was very forthcoming on what the role would require and even walked through another optional, potential role that might be opening up in a few months.