UBS Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

one interview, got the offer the same day, interviewed with two people

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted an online application, resume and cover letter through UBS career webpage for the Graduate Talent Program in their Risk Office. Heard back about a video interview, and completed that. About a week after, I was offered an in-person interview in New York. There were four 30 minute interviews, each with two interviewers. Some were straight forward, asking about my resume and work experience. One of the interviews was very technical, with fixed-income questions and pure math questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter within an hour. Had one in office interview with two managers; one in person and one over the phone. I received an answer within a week and a half but did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn most from your previous experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

interview on campus career center with two rounds and 30 minutes each. Generally pretty positive experiences, people are very nice and friendly. Not very technical-based and more as a conversation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Was submitted to the same inane, "gotcha" type questions that are usually reserved for inexperienced professionals. This reflected no understanding of my previous experience or my direct and specific applicability for the position. However I prevailed and was then invited to attend a party hosted by the person to whom I would directly report. Then several weeks went by with no further information about my start date etc. A few weeks later, I was informed that due to some company issues, the position wasn't being offered any longer. Just seemed a bit odd.

Interview Questions

• it was a question that involved some complicate problem solving so the interviewer could see how I deal under pressure. I am an experienced professional so I wasn't prepared to be treated like a recent graduate   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First round: two bankers, some technical questions but not too hard, very nice people

Superday: three rounds of interviews, not many technical questions, mostly behavioral
    translation to Chinese; case presentation; numerical test
    they will definitely ask you everything you put on your resume

The process was very efficient, got a call on the night

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview and 3 rounds of interviews with other analysts and directors. It was quite the experience. Extremely rigorous format with what seemed like consecutive interviews for an entire work day. The final interviews were more about personality and ability to converse and interact with others in the work place.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were involving the analysis of the financial statements. They expected you to be able to come up with a detailed analysis within minutes of seeing the data.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Went through three rounds of interviews. HR was very friendly and accommodating. Hiring managers were not hard to talk to and easy going. Heard back within 2 days after the first interview. The second and third in person interview was further apart. Total time was about 2 months. Overall enjoyed the experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by invitation, wanted to get to know me and see if I fit into their team. Interview with multiple line managers. Very nice and casual. Do your research about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by a close contact of the lead of the group. Overall it was one phone interview and one large group interview.