UBS Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Associate Director Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS in September 2014.

Interview

A long thorough interview process with multiple relevant people across the organization. First meeting will be with HR hiring manager to do initial screening. The next stage of interviewers will be with the line manager for the position and relevant peers. Last rounds will be with more senior leaders of the organization.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR over the phone first. An in-person interview with the hiring mgr and two more people followed shortly. One more on-site interview with the Managing Director. Another phone interview with the Executive Director overseas. Very friendly overall. Nothing technical, more of a "personality fit" process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary offer was exactly what I asked for, so there was no point in negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Long hiring process - took over 3 months for a decision

Interview Questions

• no unusual interview questions - although has to interview with 5+ people in a group type interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR contacted me to see if salary level was ok

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Very organized. I was able to do 5 interviews for my role in one day. This was quite welcome because I didn't have to take multiple days off for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative & analytical skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Typical interview questions on past work experiences and qualifications. No curveballs for my given role. Be prepared to meet with several people throughout the day, including senior managers and managing directors. They will ask questions pertaining to the open position, so be prepared to discuss what type of transferable skills you may have. Most of all, they are just looking for a good fit.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview

HR was incredibly professional. When UBS is ready to hire, they will interview immediately and expect and answer immediately. The whole process was less than a week, but I know for others it can take months...until they need head count in the hiring area, then it is important to be in the right place.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what we do here? (The answer is hardly ever yes, but show that you did some homework)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted what was offered which was what I requested in my application.

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in July 2007.

Interview

Took to long to hear back - HR issue.

Negotiation

I let them know how much I wanted to be paid. They told me to have faith in UBS' bonus program. Need I say more after the financial industry collapse?

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Irrespective of number of years of the experience, the first round is written coding test.
    They will provide a problem need to resolve by 180 minutes with Maven build and JUNit test cases.

The problem might have 5/6 part of the questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Java concurrent utility class
      2. String
      3. Lambda
      4. Groupby function in Java
      5. Facade design pattern   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Interview

I got an email from a headhunter and I agreed to attend the interview. After one round of interview, 4 people in total, the next day, I got the call from my manager saying I've passed the interview

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Pune (India)).

Interview

1 telephonic round
    1 assignment was given to coded in Java/language of my choice
    1 Video Conference round
    VC was more focussed on the assignment code that I had sent.
    There were design questions in and around the assignments

Interview Questions

• Questions about multithreading
      Questions about logical problems   Answer Question