UBS Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2018

3.1

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in July 2007.

Interview

Took to long to hear back - HR issue.

Negotiation

I let them know how much I wanted to be paid. They told me to have faith in UBS' bonus program. Need I say more after the financial industry collapse?

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Long hiring process - took over 3 months for a decision

Interview Questions

• no unusual interview questions - although has to interview with 5+ people in a group type interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR contacted me to see if salary level was ok

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview

HR was incredibly professional. When UBS is ready to hire, they will interview immediately and expect and answer immediately. The whole process was less than a week, but I know for others it can take months...until they need head count in the hiring area, then it is important to be in the right place.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what we do here? (The answer is hardly ever yes, but show that you did some homework)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted what was offered which was what I requested in my application.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR over the phone first. An in-person interview with the hiring mgr and two more people followed shortly. One more on-site interview with the Managing Director. Another phone interview with the Executive Director overseas. Very friendly overall. Nothing technical, more of a "personality fit" process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary offer was exactly what I asked for, so there was no point in negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Very organized. I was able to do 5 interviews for my role in one day. This was quite welcome because I didn't have to take multiple days off for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative & analytical skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Typical interview questions on past work experiences and qualifications. No curveballs for my given role. Be prepared to meet with several people throughout the day, including senior managers and managing directors. They will ask questions pertaining to the open position, so be prepared to discuss what type of transferable skills you may have. Most of all, they are just looking for a good fit.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS in September 2014.

Interview

A long thorough interview process with multiple relevant people across the organization. First meeting will be with HR hiring manager to do initial screening. The next stage of interviewers will be with the line manager for the position and relevant peers. Last rounds will be with more senior leaders of the organization.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Lateral hire with 6 - 7 people within the team

Interview Questions

• Mostly technicals and experience based questions no surprises   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but was able to pro rate the year end bonus

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Went through a referral. was contacted by hr directly and after an initial phone screen an inhouse interview was setup in valuations group with a manager and senior associate. The whole process was pretty smooth and lasted about three hours. Was lucky to be given an offer in a couple of days. Was able to move to the trading floor within a year of supporting a desk.

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Simple process, mainly behavioral rather than knowledge based