UBS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Consultant Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with one or two managers with the following face to face one with a hiring manager in an office interview by a location of work (project). If you got selected, you have to pass FBI and Cory background check before you start to a project.

Interview Questions

• 1.What did you do as a consultant (BA) with investment or financial firms, banks or hedge funds?
    2.What kind of trading investment tools do you know?
    3.Tell abut your past project experience with Pros and Cons at your point of view?
    4. How you approach project if you do not know anything about it?
    5. How do you deal with difficult personality people?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

No department for onboarding process. Took three weeks for everything to setup and be able to start doing my job. The position for London was much better conducted and organized because they had a process. For the US positions it was cut throat no one wanted to take the time

Negotiation

Not Applicable

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview one day. Approximately two to three days later, received a call to come in for an on-site interview. After that, a decision was made in about four to five days. I came in for photo and fingerprinting. Process took over a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Experience dealing with office conflict. asked to describe   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in June 2010.

Interview

I had strong core java resume with multi threading and the position i was applying demanded the same.

Phone interview was the typical set of questions -
     - Implementation of HashMap
     - concepts of Heaps and Stacks
     - SingleTon Pattern and decorator pattern
     - basic threading concepts

The face to face round was a two round interview . The first round was a rapid fire round - both on technicals -
     - steps to publish messages to a JMS
     - steps to execute a sql statement
     - was made to implement a linkedList DS.

Second round was by a different person, more on the slower lines.
    I was asked to implement ReadWriteLocks using pre java 5 knowledge. I never had seen the implementation earlier. The interviewer was patient and with a couple of hints , i managed to write code for it eventhough i have taken some 10 - 15 mins for that

THe next was - Given a binary tree, i was asked to check if its ordered or not. By now, i was completely exhausted ( i travelled all the way from Jersey city to stamford and taken a telephonic interview of another company on the way) and entered into a deadlock state. Interviewer tried to hint me , but of no avail.

Later i was sent back without any hint. 4 days later, i get a call from my staffing agency, that they want me onboard.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UBS in August 2011.

Interview

Straight forward but unfortunately due to lack of funding position was no longer available.