UBS Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. I was first contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Then, I was called for a super day at the Chicago Office

Interview Questions

• Present a project that you have done in school.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

After completing initial phone interviews, I was brought into their office in Chicago. They bring you in to a conference room and leave you there for 20 mins, all pretty standard. Then six people come in and start bombarding with questions, anything from personal life to what I knew about fixed income and some of the exotic products traded at UBS. Interview was about 45 mins, recieved a call back about a week and a half later informing me they would be emailing me over a job offer shortly and congratulating me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, as I was given a range initially for pay and was told in the interview that I would be recieving the high end of the range if I was made an offer. The initial contract I was sent had the low end of the range, some back and forth with HR and I was able to successfully negotiate higher pay.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I am online and got a call from HR a few days later to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview took place two days later and lasted for about 20 minutes. After the HR interview, I got another call 10 days later to arrange a second interview with the line manager and another member of the team. Interview was about what was in my CV and behavioral questions. There were also a few technical questions on excel and business analytics.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS in July 2013.

Interview

1.Phone interview - some questions like "why UBS","why this position" and about expectations (also salary).
    2. Excel test and interview with manager - Excel test was very easy and unsuprising, 30% of questions about VBA, interview with manager took about 45 minutes - many questions about experiance, education and soft skills

get better offer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

half day - meet with team and perhaps some senior managers.

Interview Questions

• general questions but be prepared for zealous person about the role.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Kraków (Poland)) in August 2010.

Interview

There were 3 levels of interview.

1st was general interview with HR. The questions were of kind "what difficult situation did you have, and how you managed it". It was mostly in Polish, but at one point I was asked to switch to English. Then I had to take Excel test, that consisted of 4 exercises - not easy at that time, but trivial with some experience with these particular functions.

Second interview took place few days later and was held by Line Manager and one of team members I applied to. Once again there were some general questions - "what would you do", "who would you like to become in the company", "what can you give to the company".

Third interview was with onshore client from Hong Kong and the questions were alike.

Interview Questions

• You have lots of tasks to do, and somebody calls you with another request. He states his problem is of the highest priority, and if the problem is not solved somebody would lose his job. What would you do.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. In fact I demanded lower salary than I got. But I know there is a room for negotiation, especially if you have some experience and still have another job.