UBS Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Was first approached through a head hunter about this opening for a replacement hire. Then I met with the supervisor I would be working for and members of his team that I would be working with. Everything went well except for the discussion regarding compensation. I had made clear to the headhunter my current salary and salary requirements to make the move, but that information did not make it to the employer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

HR screening for fact checking brief intro of the team, 2 rounds of interview with total of 4 people. remote interview thru video with UK hiring manager. key points and relevant to the roles. fit related questions mostly on top of previous engegment and current topics

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your resume, highlighting relevant points to the job being applied to   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Interviewed with three executive directors. One in person, one from London, and one from Switzerland.

UBS was very aggressive with interview process and offer was received three days after interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure to stand firm when negotiating salary and bonus. Do not provide your current salary during the interview process.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Experienced hire interview. I thought everyone I met was really nice. They mostly asked me about my experience and tested on some light technical knowledge. I was very impressed with everyone I interviewed with.

It took some time to get back to me with a second round interview and decision.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Took several months due to summer lull. They came back with all their internal approvals and made a very strong offer when they were ready to move. It all came down to supply and demand. They need the skills I had and liked my strong background personality and presence.

Interview Questions

• None, pretty typical questions regarding the area I specialize in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came in 5% higher what I was asking. I believe to make up for the fact they have a very costly benefits platform.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

5 Interviews, All by Video Conference. The interviews were organized by my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Describe the parameter that you would look for to prove that the IT system you use is stable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

My interview process was fairly standard. A friend referred me and put in a good word with HR. I had to complete an online profile. This was followed up with a phone screen and 4 in-person interviews. They were in need of someone fairly quickly, so hiring process was accelerated. Key would be to work your network. Without a recruiter or inside connection, it seems difficult to get in here.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about increasing the knowledge base of the group and create an environment for learning and knowledge sharing?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1 x Telephone interview with practice director
    Informal conversation with relevant, surgical questions.

1 x Face-to-face with practice lead
    A fantastic concept as I was able to have an open and honest, two-way conversation with the practice lead. This provided an opportunity for us to get to know each other and understand if there is a mutual fit as well as first-hand insight into the direction of the area you 'may' be working in.

1 x Case study with a director that had completed the interview process within the last 8 months
    Again, another great idea. To have someone of a similar level and background, who has recently undergone a similar process is very intuitive.

The case study was simple and straight forward, albeit limited value that can be gained from it. Whilst I received good feedback, I found the case study to be far too generic and as a management consultant you are rarely given 20mins to provide a solid response. Whilst I understand the theory behind the exercise, the reality is often very different and can skew the perception of the candidate.
    There are better ways.

1 x HR interview
    This is the weakest link in the process and I fear has a significant impact on the outcome of the selection process.
    HR interview felt a little rushed. The questions irrelevant because these were assessed during the previous stages.
    This process should just be a formality. The competencies, company fit, motivations etc should be (and I believe are) assessed by the other interviewers that work or lead the relevant area.

Feedback
    I appreciate relevant, constructive feedback - in fact I believe that any company that does not provide it deprives the candidate the opportunity to grow and improve.

5 stars for UBS offering feedback. 1* for relevance.
    My feedback absolutely contradicted all of the responses that I gave. The feedback also contradicted all feedback every received throughout my career history - almost as if my feedback was mixed up with someone else's. More importantly, the feedback seemed to contradict the immediate feedback given (either explicitly or through agreement in conversation) by the interviewers that worked within the practice. This brings me back to the concern over the importance and relevance of the HR feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why UBS?
      What can you offer UBS?
      What corporate title?
      Provide an example of challenge...?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very professional interview process with clear followup from HR. I first received an email stating my profile is reviewed by line manager. The whole process took 1 month. Later 4 rounds of interviews on 4 different dates. 1st interview was with Line manager, 2nd interview was with another line manager, 3rd interview was with HR. 4th interview was with Managing director. At all steps of the interview process the interviews were very well prepared, kind and focused.

Interview Questions

• 1) Where do you see yourself in 3 years from now?
      2) Explain about a recent project where you contributed significantly?
      3) If I call your line manager what will he/she say about you?
      4) Why do you want to join UBS?
      5) Why do you want to leave your current employer?
      6) Will you be willing to travel?
      7) How do you prioritize your work?
      8) Explain a difficult situation you faced at work and how did you handle it?
      9) How do you manage stakeholders?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Pune (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of tech and then 1 MD round. HR round at the last which looked meaningless. Interviwers didnt have much knowledge on the subject. Lot of documentation post interview. Note every single line in CV is verfied by external agency so be careful