UBS Executive Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Executive Director Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Director Interview

Interview

Screening interview was behavioral. In person interviews were substantive. Great meeting everyone in person -- every single person was personable and engaged. Job description covered a lot of areas, though they seemed to really hone in on one; don't assume that a general description means a general role. Took almost 3 months to hear back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Flew to Stamford and interviewed with 3 senior lawyers. I bended up reporting to two of the interviewers. I also interviewed with local head of the business in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous experience and interactions with industry committees in several regulated areas. I was also asked about previous management experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable offer. Accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR. About a half hour in length. After I passed that screening, I went into the office and spent several hours there interviewing with 6 Executive Directors and Managing Directors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure to ask what the target range will be for your bonus. They will tell you that bonuses are discretionary, but don't take that for an answer. Make them specify what a high performing employee in their job title might expect. If they won't give you a target range in writing, ask for it verbally. If they won't give you any idea, walk away.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS in December 2011.

Interview

I met with everyone in one day - HR for a pre-screen, the hiring manager, his manager, a couple of peers. Most were there in person, one was on the phone. Had an offer in less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick- over in less than a week. Overall every aspect of the process was quick, though this seems unusual.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

Found out about the job through a friend. Initial meeting was with the head of the office - after a phone screen - focused on my previous work experience. After the initial meeting with the head of the office - then met a number of the other people in the firm. all questions were focused on previous work experience and why i was looking to move.

Interview Questions

• What did I think about the solar practice of a semiconductor client of mine   1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't really negotiate about much. They did take my private company stock and value it into their stock on a vesting schedule. should have negotiated for more.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fast, pain free and friendly. Conducted by several senior stakeholders nothing tricky quite straight forward. However, the problem with UBS is that its very political and bureaucratic therefore its important for candidates seeking senior positions to understand what is the real politics behind the recruitment as much as you can through the interview process.