UBS Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ).

Interview

lengthy process, people don't know what they really want and think that hiring a bunch of college grads straight out of college with their graduation gowns still on is the way to build a business.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

1...Contact by complex director and regional manager. Brief 15 minute interview over the phone, then scheduled an in person meeting one month later.
    2...Meeting in branch with director for 30 minutes, discussing the three teams I would be interviewing with. Interviewed with three teams, approximately 45 minutes a piece. Final meeting with director at end of day. Director suggested I would hear back from all teams by end of week, likely getting three offers.
    3. Received three offers. Discussed options with director over the phone, then scheduled 30 minute conference call with each team to discuss vision and roles. Selected team over weekend.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle moving to Columbus knowing only your girlfriend?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

VP in Chicago referred me into the manager. Met with head manager at office and a number of FAs and analysts. Probably had 4-5 in person conversations before receiving written offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with the Senior Vice President and First Vice President to discuss a potential position. I knew them both well before the process and the interview was light and direct. Very personable and enjoyable people to be around. I did not have any technical or analytical questions to answer. It was a positive experience and something that I would recommend for some one who has no problem with risk or a good group of wealthy contacts.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit as a financial planner? Do you already have a client-base in place?   Answer Question

I had another opportunity with higher pay and more stability in salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

Interview

I attended an Open House by invitation from a recruiter after I applied online. It was a panel presentation by management in that department and current financial advisors. I found out it was a call center environment.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked "Why UBS", also "Tell me about your background". These are common questions, but I didn't expect a telephone interview. She asked if we could "connect" in an email and I replied that would be fine. She said she would call at a certain time, and called 15 minutes late so I was not expected an interview. I had to take another call and the recruiter hung up. That was actually fine with me, because during the panel presentation, and even during the phone conversation, I'd decided I did not want to go back to a call center environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application, background check, simulated three hour working day.

Interview Questions

• "I don't get it. Why are you here at this interview?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

Rigid corporate structure.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (Columbus, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

Referral to a complex manager. Brief call with manager to explain multiple teams had my resume and would contact me that week. Had phone interviews with three teams, and was requested for an in person interview with each team. Received three offers and reviewed options with manager and made my selection one week later.

Interview Questions

• How will you build a book of business in a new city, state, region?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your background in finance. What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I was first contacted by UBS after a refferal from a family friend after I had reached out earlier in the year. I was contacted and told to come into their New York office on Park Avenue and was assigned interviews with an advisor and with the branch manager. Questions included basic things such as why I wanted to be an advisor and what markets I would like to penetrate.

Interview Questions

• What makes you able to fulfill the job at such a young age?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I was required to make a phone call to my supervisor to make an appointment with him. On the day of interview, the interview between me and my supervisor was really well. It was turned out to be a personal conversation since we have the same background in science. People in the office are really nice because they show me everything in the office. I was so interested because of the high floor and glass office.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UBS (Greensboro, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

Originally interviewed via phone call, then led to one on one meeting. Met with other advisors in the office. After initial interview with the branch manager, interviews with other advisors.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on sales process, lead generation, what your daily schedule would look like. Went over prospecting via networking, cold calling ect   Answer Question