UBS Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Excel VBA Access past experience, classes in business school, long term goals, why do I want to join UBS, why Chicago, weakness. Typical interview. Culture of the people I want to work with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Garden City, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was referred by someone within the company so essentially the interview was a little less formal than expected. Met with two partners at the same time and we went over my resume and spoke about my experience in detail. They were both professional and friendly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very conversational and easy.I met with the two vice presidents of the branch for the interview.Was asked basic behavioral questions about myself and my skills as well as experiences.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself and your connections with wealthy people in the community   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interviews were quite simple and straight forward. Went in for two interviews at UBS, both managers were friendly. Did not ask any questions out of the ordinary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview was positive, mainly asked strength based competency questions, relaxed atmosphere allowed you to take your time with your answers. In my case it was a two person team interviewing me, both had equal input with regards to the questions. Interview time was around thirty minutes plus/minus five minutes for the introduction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Hoboken, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Walked in and interviewed with 2 different people. They were both very nice but definitely intimidating. They both had a copy of my resume and asked me to go through it and highlight the importance of each component. They asked me why I wanted to work for the company and why I think I would be a good fit.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

This was at the end of the Spring Week I attended (we did an assessment centre for a summer internship for the next year).

Assessment centre had 4 parts - 2 interviews with employees from the division you applied for (in my case, it was Research), a group activity and an individual activity.

There's a competency and a technical interview, so for the competency one, just be prepared to have good examples (and use the STAR technique because they'll have a list of questions that they go through. For the technical, I was also asked quite a few competency questions. The technical questions he asked were not too bad, just keep updated on current affairs - I was asked about an interesting article I had read recently and whether there were any stocks that I would invest in right now. I was also asked two brain teasers - can't really prepare for these, they're not expecting a definite answer, more interested in how you would go about finding the solution. Zero questions about my CV! Interviewers were very nice and easy-going.

For the individual activity, we were given about 30 minutes to read about a company and prepare a presentation (basically a SWOT analysis). You present to an employee who will follow up with questions.

I can't remember the group activity but just make sure you make a decent contribution to the group discussion.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 internviews with 2 other people . In total it lasted for app. 2 hours.
    first i introduced my self , in the following streants weaknesses , studies , why ubs , what did ı gain during my studies, previous internships . I had to answer some specfic question reletad to work as well

Interview Questions

• what are your strengts and weaknesses ?
      I had to answer some specfic question reletad to work as well
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Standard process with phone interview and assessment centre, the latter consisting of two interviews and a group exercise. Questions were more fit-focused as compared to technical. Applied for 12-month internship within Asset Management

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Phone screening with worker in the same area, with some hr questions and mostly discussion about tools relevant to the position. The interviewer focused on asking wether I had experience with some of the tools to be used, even though it was only for an intern position