UBS Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.6

118 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

General question about background, school experience and plans for the future. Talked around 40 minutes. My friend referred me to the company and a person there. So, the interview was just a formality. I guess, they just wanted to check if I am sane person and can operate in a corporate environment. Though, it wasn't the summer internship or anything like that. I was an intern during Winter semester and just helping in a local office where several financial advisors are reside.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (Southampton, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewing in the PWM field, there were little technical questions and more gauging you off of past experience. The process began with the administrative staff and ended with the branch manager who tested you on prior background knowledge (as an intern it was more of what you learned in school) and a lot of personality testing to make sure you can handle white glove client service skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and received a phone call the next day. There was a phone interview and then 2 rounds of in person interviews. Very casual first interview and the next was a little more intense and skill based type of questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your greatest challenges, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about two weeks and consisted of three interviews. Overall great experience and interview had few technical questions. One round, I was interviewed with the assistants so treat them with respect.

Interview Questions

• If you were given $10,000 to invest what would invest in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Had a direct interview with the financial advisor. She made the position clear. I was a little disappointed that the financial advisor was looking for a somewhat marketing intern. She pretty much asked me behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was longer than I was expecting. I did not think that it would take over 3 months to complete a background check. The interview itself was difficult, but the rest of the process was rather painless. There was no drug test or any other type of testing required for this job.

Intern Interview

Interview

Made cold calls, no finance background needed. Was given a spreadsheet of numbers for a huge firm and dialed up and down. Had no success initially but they just wanted to see if I was comfortable on the phone.

Got a phone call from them later in the day for an offer and sat on it for 2 days before I countered via email. Very open and understanding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

min wage, countered with $12, settled at $10

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

3 rounds: one phone, one in person 1-1, and then super days with has 5 consecutive interview + a team work case study; there are a lot of behaviour questions on leadership examples as well as team work. Some interviewers also asked obstacles and risk that you have taken, while other interview focus a lot on the resume and ask me to describe in details of the process on a project I worte

Interview Questions

• mostly behaviors and describe specific things in the resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Nothing too complicated or out of the ordinary. Received a phone interview or two in which they asked general questions about UBS, banking, my resume and a few questions about the market. The superday consisted of a group discussion component, a presentation and two interviews. Interviews a little more technical. The presentation was like a case study from consulting interviews. The group discussion was aimed at getting us to work together, but I don't think we did too well on that.

Went to grad school.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

first interview is all behavioral questions. two people to talk to at the same time. next interview is technical and you must know what you are talking about are you are ousted. last is meeting the team you would work for and if you fit in. it was not the hard of a process.