UBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

561 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was long. There was total of 3 one on one interviews (2 of which were behavioral and the last one was technical) and one group discussion.

Wealth Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Bellevue, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

About two - three weeks after I submitted my application online, I received an email scheduling an interview in the same week. I had an interview with the assistant market head. Learnt that after the 2 years training program is over, you will have to start from ground 0 and find your own sales and money to manage to survive. I was asked if it sounds like fun to me that if I have to keep in mind that I need to get sales from every walk of life I come across. My answer to him was no and we had a mutual understanding that I was not interested in the job anymore.

Asset Management Interview

Interview

The interview process was very unprofessional. After coming in for an in-person interview, I received radio silence from HR for over a month. I received a response only after I followed-up countless of times. I understand that recruiters are busy, but I feel that at the very least an update can be provided for candidates that take time to attend an in-person interview. Just felt like a waste of time for both parties.

The actual phone and in-person interviews went well. Interviewers were personable and friendly. They were looking for a culture fit as much as a technical fit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical. Make sure you know your resume well as they use certain lines for talking points and questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Talent Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS in May 2017.

Interview

Received an email from the recruiter asking to schedule an initial phone interview with a senior manager in the firm. The phone interview was surprisingly informal, with a few behavioral questions thrown into the mix. The informality of everything really threw me off, but it makes sense because it's a two year program and they want to make sure you're a good fit.

FAA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call then series of 4 interviews. The interviewers were not from the Charlotte office, they flew them down from the New Jersey office so they were a little tougher. It took almost 4 weeks for them to respond to let me know the results of the interview and the follow up was not very good.

Interview Questions

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by campus "superday." The interviews consist of three one-on-one interviews with a group project. The group project is very straightforward with no prep needed. The one-on-one interviews are strictly fit, behavioral, and resume questions, and maybe one or two technical questions if you indicated a programming language you know.

Interview Questions

• If a coworkers was overwhelmed, how would you deal with the problem?   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize tasks if you had urgent projects but not enough time to complete them?   Answer Question
    • Describe (X) on your resume, how was that done?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the program and got a call from a male recruiter in the Connecticut office one week after I applied to do a basic phone screen to start the process. A day after the phone screen, I was invited to an on site superday which was scheduled for the following Friday. 3 30 min interviews with members of the team and a 45 min group exercise. I receive reject via phone call three weeks after the superday.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted an online application, resume and cover letter through UBS career webpage for the Graduate Talent Program in their Risk Office. Heard back about a video interview, and completed that. About a week after, I was offered an in-person interview in New York. There were four 30 minute interviews, each with two interviewers. Some were straight forward, asking about my resume and work experience. One of the interviews was very technical, with fixed-income questions and pure math questions.

Executive Director Interview

Interview

Screening interview was behavioral. In person interviews were substantive. Great meeting everyone in person -- every single person was personable and engaged. Job description covered a lot of areas, though they seemed to really hone in on one; don't assume that a general description means a general role. Took almost 3 months to hear back.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Behavioral interview; easy questions. You guided the interview and the questions were based on what you talked about. Long time for questions, so prepare good questions for the interviewer.