UBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.1

Executive Director Interview

Interview

Screening interview was behavioral. In person interviews were substantive. Great meeting everyone in person -- every single person was personable and engaged. Job description covered a lot of areas, though they seemed to really hone in on one; don't assume that a general description means a general role. Took almost 3 months to hear back.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Behavioral interview; easy questions. You guided the interview and the questions were based on what you talked about. Long time for questions, so prepare good questions for the interviewer.

Sophomore Women's Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed a first round video interview in which I recorded my answers to questions displayed - not a video interview with a person on the other end. Was then invited to final round interviews at a super day in New York. The super day consisted of three 20-minute interviews, each one-on-one. All of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Why investment banking and why UBS?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a manager and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced a problem working on a team.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter within an hour. Had one in office interview with two managers; one in person and one over the phone. I received an answer within a week and a half but did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn most from your previous experiences?   Answer Question

Sophomore Women's Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online with resume and cover letter. Received an email a couple weeks later to do a video interview through Sonru. Had a span of a week to complete the interview. Had 2 practice questions to get use to video interview system, then answered 5 questions. Took about 15 minutes.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

phone interview. HR discussed position, salary, benefits, company culture, expectations of role as it involved internal legal standards. She discussed that there would likely be another interview with higher ups.

Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UBS (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was emailed to schedule an interview after applying via my school's website. I met with the person who I would be working directly for and her boss. The interview was fairly standard, although I was not given the opportunity to ask the boss any questions at the end of the interview. I didn't have the exact background they were looking for and knew as soon as I left the interview that I did not get the internship/

Market Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I applied online and received a call and email. Phone interview was less than 10 minutes. Asked me salary requirements and no other questions. Recruiter said city was different location than was advertised in posting. Never heard back.

GTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

A few phone interviews then invited to super day in NY/NJ office. Super day consisted of lunch with current GTP members then 4-6 30-45 minute interviews with current upper level employees and recruiters.

Education Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview with recruiter (30 - 45 mins)
    Step 2: In-person, one-on-one interviews with 5 team members (5 hours total)
    Step 3: Create and submit a mock presentation detailing your program ideas (at least 10+ hours spent working on this)
    Step 4: Follow up conversation with Hiring Manager discussing your deck and asking for more program ideas (30-45 mins)

After successfully completing all rounds, I received a call from the recruiter saying that the team really liked me and she asked again about my current salary (this had been previously discussed along with salary expectations). It sounded like I was about to be given an offer, but it seemed they were going to base the offer off of my current nonprofit salary rather than what was budgeted for the role. I had a sense of the range based on very reliable research, however, when I asked the recruiter for the range, the recruiter danced around and didn't give a straightforward answer. She did, however, imply that the role payed $40K less than what I knew it paid. The recruiter said she would get back to me and I never heard from her or anyone else on the team again.

After a couple of weeks passed with no follow-up from UBS, I followed up at least two more times and did not receive a response. Completely unprofessional and after four rounds of interviews, quite disrespectful. Once a candidate has become a top finalist and has gone through several rounds of interviews, you should at least notify the candidate that they were not selected.

Interview Questions

• What are your ideas for this program? Who would you say are key players (individuals, organizations) in the field that we should partner with? (this was a new initiative they were launching and b/c they did not have expertise in education, they literally were asking these questions b/c they did not know the answer and needed the intel).   Answer Question