UBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,295 Interview Reviews

2.9

1,295 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Asset Management Interview

Interview

The interview process was very unprofessional. After coming in for an in-person interview, I received radio silence from HR for over a month. I received a response only after I followed-up countless of times. I understand that recruiters are busy, but I feel that at the very least an update can be provided for candidates that take time to attend an in-person interview. Just felt like a waste of time for both parties.

The actual phone and in-person interviews went well. Interviewers were personable and friendly. They were looking for a culture fit as much as a technical fit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical. Make sure you know your resume well as they use certain lines for talking points and questions.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

group interview, sales conduct the interview in English. ask for 1 min sharp of introduction. ask you for a stock pitch. some interviewee didn't get to talk at all. need to be the first one to react

Graduate Talent Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS in May 2017.

Interview

Received an email from the recruiter asking to schedule an initial phone interview with a senior manager in the firm. The phone interview was surprisingly informal, with a few behavioral questions thrown into the mix. The informality of everything really threw me off, but it makes sense because it's a two year program and they want to make sure you're a good fit.

Client Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I applied for the business analyst position and was told someone would contact me. A few weeks later, I applied for a different position and was quickly contacted by a man who said I was a good fit for a third position. The interview was actually two interviews, back to back, with two different people for two different positions (this was not explained to me). The first man I never heard anything from, and the second woman contacted me right away to move on in the process. A few days later I had a phone interview with her NY supervisor.

Eventually the recruiter called to offer me the job. He was very aggressive in Salary negotiation and wanted a "gentleman's handshake" that I would accept the job before getting off the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by campus "superday." The interviews consist of three one-on-one interviews with a group project. The group project is very straightforward with no prep needed. The one-on-one interviews are strictly fit, behavioral, and resume questions, and maybe one or two technical questions if you indicated a programming language you know.

Interview Questions

• If a coworkers was overwhelmed, how would you deal with the problem?   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize tasks if you had urgent projects but not enough time to complete them?   Answer Question
    • Describe (X) on your resume, how was that done?   Answer Question

Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and Easy, heard back two weeks later. I knew an advisor who referred me to someone and I had two groups interview me. The first group offered right away so I never even interviewed with the other group.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the program and got a call from a male recruiter in the Connecticut office one week after I applied to do a basic phone screen to start the process. A day after the phone screen, I was invited to an on site superday which was scheduled for the following Friday. 3 30 min interviews with members of the team and a 45 min group exercise. I receive reject via phone call three weeks after the superday.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very conversational and easy.I met with the two vice presidents of the branch for the interview.Was asked basic behavioral questions about myself and my skills as well as experiences.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself and your connections with wealthy people in the community   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted an online application, resume and cover letter through UBS career webpage for the Graduate Talent Program in their Risk Office. Heard back about a video interview, and completed that. About a week after, I was offered an in-person interview in New York. There were four 30 minute interviews, each with two interviewers. Some were straight forward, asking about my resume and work experience. One of the interviews was very technical, with fixed-income questions and pure math questions.

Executive Director Interview

Interview

Screening interview was behavioral. In person interviews were substantive. Great meeting everyone in person -- every single person was personable and engaged. Job description covered a lot of areas, though they seemed to really hone in on one; don't assume that a general description means a general role. Took almost 3 months to hear back.