UBS Sales and Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.9

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

group interview, sales conduct the interview in English. ask for 1 min sharp of introduction. ask you for a stock pitch. some interviewee didn't get to talk at all. need to be the first one to react

Sales and Trading Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

30-40 min Phone Interview with HR. Asked me various behavioral questions. No Market questions were asked. Went over my CV, then my passion for Markets, then over why UBS. She also asked about current known trends in UBS.
    Interviewer was very friendly.

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I was asked first behavioral questions such as why I want to work there. Followed by asking me to take me through my resume highlighting my education and previous internship experience. Following this I was asked technical questions involving the prices of highlighted volatile stocks. Overall the interviewer was extremely friendly and helpful.

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

College application. 30 minutes Phone interview, but in fact just 15 minutes. Campus Interview including 2 30-minutes interviews. One is with a department manager or VP. The other is with 2 associates.

Interview Questions

• The VP asked me behavorial questions, such as why you want to do something. He also asked many mental math questions and brain teasers. I am stuck in the brain teasers. The other interview is more about resume. They almost asked all experience in my resume. If they are interested, they may continue to ask.   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Applied through online and had a phone interview before being invited to AC. Had to take one numercial test (paper, 20 questions in 20 min). Also had a case study (30 minutes to prepare). Had just one interview all the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral so guess the most difficult question was what are the recent trends in the market?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Received email to set up phone call. Call lasted about 30 min. I was then invited for a super day. Spoke to four people for 20 minutes each. Received offer 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have a stack of coins as tall as the Empire State, or many stacks of coins on a 1 x 1 table going up to a ceiling 2 meters above it? (Not necessarily these numbers, but hopefully you get the idea)

I mentioned I was taking Financial Economics in the first round so I was asked for the definition of put and call options.

Also, during the phone interview -- "Do you follow the markets? What did you read about today?"

Super day was mostly behavioral. Although I got the markets question again. Also, was asked to pitch a stock.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter and traders came to campus first for an info session. Invited a select few to dinner that night. Then came to campus a few weeks later and selected students to have informational interviews (which were sort of first round interviews). They selected a few from that pool to ask to dinner that night. Then a month later in January they did a phone interview and three on campus interviews and gave an offer that night.

Interview Questions

• In response to my stock pitch asked which large institutional investors held the stock.
      Square root of 3?
      What will happen when interest rates increase?
      I have a cake, I want eight equal sized pieces and you can only slice three times, how do you slice?   Answer Question

Negotiation

3 Week decision period no negotiation

Sales & Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Phone interview with MD (few questions on markets and some brainteasers) followed by super day (five interviews and a desk shadow). Overall, the process took about two and a half weeks. Not too bad at all.

Interview Questions

• Some tough brainteasers and stat questions, wasn't grilled on markets   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

focus more on market than other firms
    everyone at the firm is focused because of the recent downsizing/ However, they are a good group of people trying to do the most they can.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I was brought in through security, HR and then to the hiring manager. We met in an office where we had coffee and chatted like old friends. I was asked about my background, my goals for the job, and if I had a story on my greatest achievement and my greatest mishap.