UBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017
1,285 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS in April 2016.

Interview

Very quick process until the interview and the overall interview process took ~2 months.
    Hiring managers were very thoughtful and asked sharp questions.
    No right answers, but try to see how you think logically and how you came to a conclusion

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UBS (Kraków (Poland)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job in Kraków, Poland. First, someone from their local HR call me, we had a phone interview, discussing motivation and salary etc. HR people from Kraków were super nice and kind. They proposed me a phone interview about my technical skills. Someone from NY call me (why from NY if I am applying in Kraków?, weird). The interviewer from NY asked me one question about my SQL skills, one about the modelling of the price of houses in Boston. I was not sure what to answer to the second question since I am fresh out of University with an advanced degree in physics. Then, immediately, the interviewer told me that I was not qualified for the role. They actually based their conclusion on one question...quite a quick and sad conclusion.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the price of housing in Boston if you have access to all the demographic data (population, average salaries etc)   Answer Question

Wealth Management Fall Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school's career development center. Summer intern came down to the lobby and escorted me up to the office. Very depressing office environment. Interviewers threw rapid fire questions and kept cutting me off, most likely a testament to the hardcore culture @ UBS.

Interview Questions

• Why/what is finance? Why WM? Tell me about the markets. Availability? Previous experience? What are some of your skills?   Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Opfikon (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Opfikon (Switzerland)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of that:
    I first had a phone interview that should have had been just for 30min. It lasted in 90min. The interview were with my line manager. The last 60 min was just to check how much I did know about finance, different strategies and valuation.
    Second interview were at the headquarters in Zurich, first I ought to only meet one person, but I got three phone calls about that I would meet even more persons, ended up with interviewing with four different heads within Investment Management.
    I believe that they were curious about me.

I believe that the key reason why I did pass the interviews and got the job was that I was humble about my knowledge and that I did ask for the right answers when I did not know.
    But by being knowledgeable in all fields in finance and to give examples of how I have done in different market events were to a good advantage.

Interview Questions

• How would you invest in a zero cost strategy that will give you two times the return after X until Y, but will just give you one times the value below x?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a standard process with 2 rounds of interviews. Very technical in general with some brain teasers. It was a first round on the phone with a mid-level person. After that if accepted for final rounds we went to office visits and a super day. The super day is a day long interview with 5-8 people that focus on different aspects of the job. This goes from analysts up to managing directors. They also try to sell you on the office and the company if they like you.

Interview Questions

• How does the sale of a piece of equipment flow through the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

very hard. I had to interview with 3 managers and 3 or more engineers. I had a call 1st then an interview with the recruiter. After that I had a call with the manager for few hours. Then asked to came in person and meet so many people and so many questions

Trainee Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Wealth Management für Einzelhändler und Firmen in China und Hongkong.

Ich habe mich online beworben, nach etwa einem Monat rief mich die Personalabteilung von UBS an, um zwei Interviews zu vereinbaren:

Das erste war mit der Personalabteilung. Es dauerte 2 Stunden und beinhaltete einen 35-minütigen numerischen Test.

Das zweite war mit dem direkten Vorgesetzten und einem weiteren zukünftigen Kollegen. Es dauerte 1,5 Stunden, in denen zahlreiche Fragen gestellt wurden.

Interview Questions

• Ich habe mich auf fast alle typischen Fragen vorbereitet, aber die habe ich vergessen:

„Wenn Sie an der Finanzbranche interessiert sind, welche Wirtschaftszeitung lesen Sie derzeit regelmäßig?“
      1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

SHL testing process consisting of both a numerical reasoning test and a logical reasoning test.

I was then contacted a few weeks after completing these tests and called for a first round phone interview, reviewing basic competencies and technical knowledge of what is going on.

Following the phone interview then invited to an assessment centre. Email received a couple of hours after doing the interview.

AC consisted of redoing the numerical test, having to receive a certain score above a threshold. This was followed by a presentation on a company. Three interviews with Executive Directors followed this. Day finished with group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Brainteasers questions and multiplying large numbers in your head.   Answer Question

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2013.

Interview

There was one interview with a representative of HR and two fund accounting managers. Initially HR did all the speaking just doing a quick run through of my CV and then it was over to the two managers. There were a lot of competency based questions and then one manager was particularly brutal with lots of very technical questions which took me by surprise. He asked about how to make specific postings and which ledgers they would hit. My impression overall was that if they were going to be this difficult in the interview, then I wouldn't really like to work for them.

Interview Questions

• How would you post a fee and what ledgers would it hit?
      Can you explain a master feeder structure?
      Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2009.

Interview

I went through several face to face interviews. The second required a "public" presentation to several UBS employees. This was intended to simulate a public seminar, questions from the attendees made this a challenging event. The final hurdle was a test. It consisted of lots of math and problem questions. Very challenging and a tight time constraint.

Interview Questions

• The interviews and presentation were pretty standard stuff, but the test was a monster. I'm not sure I was intended to finish. I started estimating when I realized of the time crunch and still left one question unanswered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Trainee position didn't allow much room, but I managed to get a five grand bump to the base.