UBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2017
1,467 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for Summer Technology Analyst in Hong Kong. After submitting an online application, I tested an online assessment which consists of UBS Cultural Appraiser and a numerical reasoning test and I failed it. UBS cultural appraiser is about choosing most and least effective answer among 3 choices in given working situation. There were 15 questions. A numerical reasoning test is about interpreting graphs and tables.
    I think I missed one or no question in the numerical reasoning test. So I guess I failed because of the cultural appraiser or visa status.

Interview Questions

• (In UBS cultural appraiser test) If a client emailed you that he received smaller dividend than what he should have received and he is upset, what would you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email 2 weeks after applying to set up a phone interview. This initial interview was with a team member and he/she asked basic, screening questions. Next they invited me in for an in-person interview with the Internship Program Director and he didn't ask too many questions at all. He just wanted to figure out availability and see if I had any questions. Very relaxed.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

The interview was fast paced and fair. Be prepared to keep up with the interviewer and ready for some technical questions. Don't hesitate to answer. Speak clearly and confidently when responding. You don't want them to think you are guessing

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Informal interview with the team members and lunch with managing director. The entire process took what seemed to be months for the on boarding steps to get completed.

Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very professional and organized process. Initial phone screening followed by two in-office interviews. Not very technical, at least for the group I interviewed with. They are big on cultural fit. So outside of just interest in the field and intellectual capacity to complete the job, they care very deeply about WHO it is that they are hiring and whether they'll fit with the group's dynamic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience in wealth management and why you are interested in continuing with it in this role.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about 12-hour workdays? Getting in at 6am and leaving around 6pm or later.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First- round interview review through the online platform.
    Basic questions. to check fit and background.

1. Understanding of investment banking
    2. Understanding of the role of client solutions group
    3. Challenges faced by investment banks
    4. Relationship between economy and interest rate
    5. name two compamies you think should consider merging
    6. Experience of working in a team, what do you like and dislike about it
    7. Experience of building effective working relationship
    8. Add whatever comment you have

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. First round - answering preset questions online. Mostly behavioral - team challenge, why ubs, personality based. Second round (super day) - was called to the New York office. 2 interviews - 45 minutes each - one is on commercial awareness which is basically about the industry etc. Second interview was with hr and trying to see how you deal with situations etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you invest a client's money who wants a low risk portfolio?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest Home, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Forest Home, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round interview is video-based. 8 question, 1min to prep, 2min to answer. A little bit difficult, including both tech and behavioral questions. You should pay attention to UBS’s recent deals, global macroeconomics, M&A events.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

they were horrible, tried to haze you and make you feel bad about yourself
    many interviewers did not look me in the eye
    would tell me I was wrong as I was trying to answer questions that had no answer
    said they would get back to me in 2 days, did not hear from them in weeks

Interview Questions

• q: what is the global consumption of toothpaste?   2 Answers

ESG Client Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Basic phone screen and then an in person interview. In person interview with two members of the team - another CPM and the manager of the group. Review of overall experience and experience in ESG. Deep dive on your experience.