UBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,319 Interview Reviews

2.9

Sophomore Women's Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed a first round video interview in which I recorded my answers to questions displayed - not a video interview with a person on the other end. Was then invited to final round interviews at a super day in New York. The super day consisted of three 20-minute interviews, each one-on-one. All of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Why investment banking and why UBS?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a manager and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you faced a problem working on a team.   1 Answer

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS in January 2017.

Interview

Multi layered meetings with many individuals. The building is nice but the level of stress might have been an issue going forward. European banks in general still have a murky future

Women Diversity Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The superday was purely behavioral and resume-based. Went into three rooms, each with one interviewer. Two of them were really nice. The interview was generally conversational (now that I think of it I probably made it too conversational). Heard back a week later by phone that I wasn't accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a class you take?
      Why did you choose your college?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter within an hour. Had one in office interview with two managers; one in person and one over the phone. I received an answer within a week and a half but did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn most from your previous experiences?   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was in the Seoul Branch.
    It was in both Korean and English.
    You need to be interviewed by two people successively.
    Acutally I expected the typical technical questions like How many valuation models that you know, or What is DCF....but actually, they were asking you something that are poping out, for example, if there is an increase in the interest rate, how would it affect the stock market, etc....

Interview Questions

• What's the difference in P/E and EV/EBITDA?   Answer Question
    • Which company or industry do you think that is worth investing?   2 Answers

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

The total interview process took a few weeks. I had a management internship the summer prior. Interviewed at HQ and then regionally. The process has changed a bit now. I believe it just starts regionally.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

phone interview. HR discussed position, salary, benefits, company culture, expectations of role as it involved internal legal standards. She discussed that there would likely be another interview with higher ups.

Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UBS (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was emailed to schedule an interview after applying via my school's website. I met with the person who I would be working directly for and her boss. The interview was fairly standard, although I was not given the opportunity to ask the boss any questions at the end of the interview. I didn't have the exact background they were looking for and knew as soon as I left the interview that I did not get the internship/

Programmer Analyst - Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ).

Interview

The company is much more focused on culture fit than technical acumen, as they can teach you that aspect. In order to prepare for the interview, you should learn as much as you can about UBS, the wealth management industry, and current events that can influence the direction of the stock market.

Sophomore Women's Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online with resume and cover letter. Received an email a couple weeks later to do a video interview through Sonru. Had a span of a week to complete the interview. Had 2 practice questions to get use to video interview system, then answered 5 questions. Took about 15 minutes.