UBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,319 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief 30 minute interview on Campus. Then a 1 and half hour interview along with team activity at their location in Weehawken. Team activity just had us sit in a group and discuss a case and work together to come up with solutions.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

Interview

On Campus Interview (UBS recruits from my school directly), followed by a superday three days later in their Weehawken, New Jersey offices. Very long interview process...Interviewed on Campus in early December 2016, extended an offer over four months later in March 2017. Good interview experience, but took way to long to receive a decision.

Market Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I applied online and received a call and email. Phone interview was less than 10 minutes. Asked me salary requirements and no other questions. Recruiter said city was different location than was advertised in posting. Never heard back.

GTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

A few phone interviews then invited to super day in NY/NJ office. Super day consisted of lunch with current GTP members then 4-6 30-45 minute interviews with current upper level employees and recruiters.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New Haven, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Discovered the firm at an info session on campus in September. Submitted resume and cover letter before the OCR deadline in mid-October. Was notified about selection for 1st Round interview two weeks later. 1st round interview was on campus with two Associates. Final round was two back-to-back interviews at a location near campus (one was a 1-on-1, the other was a 2-on-1) all with MDs. Got a call with an offer the next business day. First round was about half fit, half technical. Final round was fit-based.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about UBS?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to do investment banking?   1 Answer

FRC Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

quick process, was shortlisted first for the 1st round which was a HR interview, then a phone call with a trader and finally the assessment centre. whole process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• math and statistical questions, bonds i was looking at (because of my experience in fixed income), conceptual questions about bonds and yield curves, motivations, and dodd frank and the future for securities   1 Answer

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

1. phone interview
    2. next-day in-person interview with recruiters
    3. same-week interview with UBS accompanied by Insight Global rep
    4. any other communication with UBS was done through IG

IG reps were helpful and let me know what to prepare and what to expect.

Group Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

First, there was an interview on campus for 30 minutes with a manager working in the Group Technology team. The second interview is on-site with a series of 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have efficiency or teamwork in a project?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

interview on campus career center with two rounds and 30 minutes each. Generally pretty positive experiences, people are very nice and friendly. Not very technical-based and more as a conversation.

Education Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview with recruiter (30 - 45 mins)
    Step 2: In-person, one-on-one interviews with 5 team members (5 hours total)
    Step 3: Create and submit a mock presentation detailing your program ideas (at least 10+ hours spent working on this)
    Step 4: Follow up conversation with Hiring Manager discussing your deck and asking for more program ideas (30-45 mins)

After successfully completing all rounds, I received a call from the recruiter saying that the team really liked me and she asked again about my current salary (this had been previously discussed along with salary expectations). It sounded like I was about to be given an offer, but it seemed they were going to base the offer off of my current nonprofit salary rather than what was budgeted for the role. I had a sense of the range based on very reliable research, however, when I asked the recruiter for the range, the recruiter danced around and didn't give a straightforward answer. She did, however, imply that the role payed $40K less than what I knew it paid. The recruiter said she would get back to me and I never heard from her or anyone else on the team again.

After a couple of weeks passed with no follow-up from UBS, I followed up at least two more times and did not receive a response. Completely unprofessional and after four rounds of interviews, quite disrespectful. Once a candidate has become a top finalist and has gone through several rounds of interviews, you should at least notify the candidate that they were not selected.

Interview Questions

• What are your ideas for this program? Who would you say are key players (individuals, organizations) in the field that we should partner with? (this was a new initiative they were launching and b/c they did not have expertise in education, they literally were asking these questions b/c they did not know the answer and needed the intel).   Answer Question