UBS Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

3.5

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. There were two interviewers, an analyst and a VP. The interview was for the UBS advisory and coverage group. The interviewers were friendly and willing to give advices

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between valuing a tech company and a healthcare company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Standard investment banking interview. Behavioral with human resources then one on ones with associates and managing directors. Pretty standard technical and behavioral questions. Relatively quick process. Interviewed in the fall ant not a standard recruiting period.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

The process started with a phone call from the recruiter, then a personal interview with the Line Manager and lastly a video interview with the ED. It was more about the nature of the job and about the past experience and qualifications

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Received an interview after speaking with current employees. The interview was conducted in brackets with 3 people. Questions were standard and all interviewees were quite nice.

Interview Questions

• Why UBS? (I have always struggled with this type of question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Was referred by current analyst in the team outside of the regular recruiting cycle when a slot opportunistically opened up. The process consisted of one phone interview that was mostly behavioral oriented, and one in-person interview at UBS' office in new york with 4 interviewers and a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about interest in the job, background, and valuation methodologies   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

The communications and interview set up with the company were very professional. The interview was a 30 minute interview. They started out asking about myself and my resume and what classes I liked and didn't like in college. Then they went on to ask technical questions. They were helpful and explained if I didn't get an answer completely right. They also did a great job of explaining their roles at UBS and why they liked their jobs.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a coke machine?   Answer Question
    • If a company purchase a bike, how would it affect the three main financial statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It was 95% tech questions for the first round. They will dig into every question they throw out. Be prepared!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It began with a phone screen: it was mostly behavioral. I was asked about my past internship experience and basic accounting questions: such as what is accretive and what is dilutive? describe P/E ratio etc. Then the final round was held in New York. There were 3 rounds of back-to-back interview with UBS' executives. They will dig deeper into your resume and ask about your experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a standard process with 2 rounds of interviews. Very technical in general with some brain teasers. It was a first round on the phone with a mid-level person. After that if accepted for final rounds we went to office visits and a super day. The super day is a day long interview with 5-8 people that focus on different aspects of the job. This goes from analysts up to managing directors. They also try to sell you on the office and the company if they like you.

Interview Questions

• How does the sale of a piece of equipment flow through the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

There were two people in the interview, one seemed to play the good cop, one seemed to play the bad cop. Overall a standard IB interview, they asked for DCF cash flow, and everything on your resume. Be prepared to know your resume inside and out, because if you BS something, they will ask you indepth questions which I was not prepared to answer.