UBS Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

3.5

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

First goes with JAM then Written test Operational and Manager Round and it is easy to crack if you are confident enough with basic financial knowledge and good aptitude.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. There were two interviewers, an analyst and a VP. The interview was for the UBS advisory and coverage group. The interviewers were friendly and willing to give advices

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between valuing a tech company and a healthcare company?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Long process composed of phone interviews, in-person interviews and group assessment. People are very nice and don't try to put you in troubles. On phone and 1-1 interviews I was asked mainly business cases and logic questions. Of course there was the background interview. On the group assessment there were both individual presentations and group presentations.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

The process started with a phone call from the recruiter, then a personal interview with the Line Manager and lastly a video interview with the ED. It was more about the nature of the job and about the past experience and qualifications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It began with a phone screen: it was mostly behavioral. I was asked about my past internship experience and basic accounting questions: such as what is accretive and what is dilutive? describe P/E ratio etc. Then the final round was held in New York. There were 3 rounds of back-to-back interview with UBS' executives. They will dig deeper into your resume and ask about your experience.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

I was emailed about 2 weeks after applying to set up a phone interview. It was about 30 minutes long and was all behavioural questions apart from a short period at the end when I was able to ask questions myself. After the interview it took around a week to get back to me. The next round was some face to face interviews.mvery similar and very few technical questions. Heard back shortly afterwards that I was rejected.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was quite friendly. It took 2 rounds, around 1 and half month.It took me 2 round. The first round was a phone interview. Because he was an alumni, so we went through detailed corporate finance projects and how I did it. For the final round, I was first asked the typical questions of why banking, why UBS. And then around a good chunk of the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a depreciation of 10 dollar. Recent news in the financial market. What's your view on interest rate. DCF.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Standard investment banking interview. Behavioral with human resources then one on ones with associates and managing directors. Pretty standard technical and behavioral questions. Relatively quick process. Interviewed in the fall ant not a standard recruiting period.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a standard process with 2 rounds of interviews. Very technical in general with some brain teasers. It was a first round on the phone with a mid-level person. After that if accepted for final rounds we went to office visits and a super day. The super day is a day long interview with 5-8 people that focus on different aspects of the job. This goes from analysts up to managing directors. They also try to sell you on the office and the company if they like you.

Interview Questions

• How does the sale of a piece of equipment flow through the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

First round screening done online / through university. Selected candidates are invited to travel to London for a full day of interviews. It starts with a brief on-site assessment (presumably to validate the prior screening results) and then 3 interviews plus a group discussion exercise. One of the interviews was a case presentation, and the group exercise was also on a business scenario.