UBS Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

164 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and Easy, heard back two weeks later. I knew an advisor who referred me to someone and I had two groups interview me. The first group offered right away so I never even interviewed with the other group.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted an online application, resume and cover letter through UBS career webpage for the Graduate Talent Program in their Risk Office. Heard back about a video interview, and completed that. About a week after, I was offered an in-person interview in New York. There were four 30 minute interviews, each with two interviewers. Some were straight forward, asking about my resume and work experience. One of the interviews was very technical, with fixed-income questions and pure math questions.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Behavioral interview; easy questions. You guided the interview and the questions were based on what you talked about. Long time for questions, so prepare good questions for the interviewer.

Sophomore Women's Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed a first round video interview in which I recorded my answers to questions displayed - not a video interview with a person on the other end. Was then invited to final round interviews at a super day in New York. The super day consisted of three 20-minute interviews, each one-on-one. All of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Why investment banking and why UBS?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a manager and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you faced a problem working on a team.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter within an hour. Had one in office interview with two managers; one in person and one over the phone. I received an answer within a week and a half but did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn most from your previous experiences?   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was in the Seoul Branch.
    It was in both Korean and English.
    You need to be interviewed by two people successively.
    Acutally I expected the typical technical questions like How many valuation models that you know, or What is DCF....but actually, they were asking you something that are poping out, for example, if there is an increase in the interest rate, how would it affect the stock market, etc....

Interview Questions

• What's the difference in P/E and EV/EBITDA?   Answer Question
    • Which company or industry do you think that is worth investing?   2 Answers

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

The total interview process took a few weeks. I had a management internship the summer prior. Interviewed at HQ and then regionally. The process has changed a bit now. I believe it just starts regionally.

Sophomore Women's Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online with resume and cover letter. Received an email a couple weeks later to do a video interview through Sonru. Had a span of a week to complete the interview. Had 2 practice questions to get use to video interview system, then answered 5 questions. Took about 15 minutes.

FRC Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

quick process, was shortlisted first for the 1st round which was a HR interview, then a phone call with a trader and finally the assessment centre. whole process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• math and statistical questions, bonds i was looking at (because of my experience in fixed income), conceptual questions about bonds and yield curves, motivations, and dodd frank and the future for securities   1 Answer

Education Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview with recruiter (30 - 45 mins)
    Step 2: In-person, one-on-one interviews with 5 team members (5 hours total)
    Step 3: Create and submit a mock presentation detailing your program ideas (at least 10+ hours spent working on this)
    Step 4: Follow up conversation with Hiring Manager discussing your deck and asking for more program ideas (30-45 mins)

After successfully completing all rounds, I received a call from the recruiter saying that the team really liked me and she asked again about my current salary (this had been previously discussed along with salary expectations). It sounded like I was about to be given an offer, but it seemed they were going to base the offer off of my current nonprofit salary rather than what was budgeted for the role. I had a sense of the range based on very reliable research, however, when I asked the recruiter for the range, the recruiter danced around and didn't give a straightforward answer. She did, however, imply that the role payed $40K less than what I knew it paid. The recruiter said she would get back to me and I never heard from her or anyone else on the team again.

After a couple of weeks passed with no follow-up from UBS, I followed up at least two more times and did not receive a response. Completely unprofessional and after four rounds of interviews, quite disrespectful. Once a candidate has become a top finalist and has gone through several rounds of interviews, you should at least notify the candidate that they were not selected.

Interview Questions

• What are your ideas for this program? Who would you say are key players (individuals, organizations) in the field that we should partner with? (this was a new initiative they were launching and b/c they did not have expertise in education, they literally were asking these questions b/c they did not know the answer and needed the intel).   Answer Question