UBS Sales and Trading Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Sales and Trading Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at UBS

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Was asked about my interest in finance and the standard "walk me through your resume"
Then asked about my view on the markets. Several interruptions led to tangent questions about my specific view. One of them was " given your market view where would you invest 1 million dollars now and how would you do it" What are the benefits of implementing the strategy that way versus another way?
Then I was asked some technical questions about skills and knowledge that I listed on my resume. If you say you know econometrics, they might ask you what is R squared, what are its shortcomings, how might you overcome the shortcomings? Finally I was asked a brainteaser that came directly, word for work, from wall street interview prep books. If you read those books you can answer the questions correctly. Was never contacted again.

Interview Questions

• What is R squared? (Statistics)   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a 30 minutes telephone interview in Oct 2015. HR was conducting the interview and it was mainly competency based with some questions asking about why markets and why finance. Still waiting to hear back from HR.

Interview Questions

• It was competency based, asking about a time when you had to make a risky decision, displayed leadership skills, why finance and a couple more   Answer Question