UBS Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Applied through online and had a phone interview before being invited to AC. Had to take one numercial test (paper, 20 questions in 20 min). Also had a case study (30 minutes to prepare). Had just one interview all the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral so guess the most difficult question was what are the recent trends in the market?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Received email to set up phone call. Call lasted about 30 min. I was then invited for a super day. Spoke to four people for 20 minutes each. Received offer 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have a stack of coins as tall as the Empire State, or many stacks of coins on a 1 x 1 table going up to a ceiling 2 meters above it? (Not necessarily these numbers, but hopefully you get the idea)

I mentioned I was taking Financial Economics in the first round so I was asked for the definition of put and call options.

Also, during the phone interview -- "Do you follow the markets? What did you read about today?"

Super day was mostly behavioral. Although I got the markets question again. Also, was asked to pitch a stock.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume/cover letter through school's career page, but I don't think that's how I got the interview. They were on campus and I went out with a few of their reps to dinner and bars after an information session; I was told that night I'd get an interview.

There were two phone interviews, mostly behavioral with one or two markets related questions. I was then invited to the Superday, which consisted of six 30-minute interviews, back to back. Again, the interviews were mostly behavioral but a little bit more geared toward market-based questions. One guy asked me what stocks I was following, to which I had no good answer. Luckily the next interviewer came in just in time to interrupt us. I also got a really easy probability question from one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• This wasn't difficult, but it's the only specific question I can remember.

You're playing basketball and you're down by 2. You know you can hit a 2-pointer to tie the game with 28% probability, and then go on to win the game in overtime with 50% probability. Alternatively, you know you can hit a 3-pointer and win with 15% probability. Which do you take?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

I had three phone interviews in four days. The phone interviews mostly consisted of fit questions and explaining my interest in finance. I did get some market based questions to make sure I read the news (did you see bank earnings reports, Ford or GM, BOA or Citi, etc.). Got one question on probability.

Interview Questions

• Which would you choose to invest in...Ford or GM?   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Relatively standard telephone interview. Lasted 20 minutes. Predominantly skills orientated questions with a few technical at the end. Ideal preparation would have been to relate experiences on CV to important skill sets, for example teamwork, time management, working under pressure ect.

Summer Analyst Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hongguangnongchang (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Hongguangnongchang (China)) in October 2010.

Interview

The guy just asked a few questions related to my resume. Other than that there were two Probability based questions. And also a few questions on Statistics.

Interview Questions

• What is India's GDP for 2009-10?   1 Answer