UBS Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through recruiter, took about a week

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

on campus interview, and then gets offer from onsite

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It's an on campus interview. One round only. Basic Java terminologies and simple String questions. Some behavior questions such as your plan in five years.

Interview Questions

I accepted another offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Campus recruiting

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

It was an oncampus recruitment. Had 2 interviews on the first day. Just asked about the resume, nothing technical.

Then had a superday with 3 interviews with project manager and a group discussion.

I was called again to meet the MD to review my resume, since i was from hardware background and why did i want to go to software.

No technical questions at all.

Interview Questions

• How will u get your work done from a team member, who keeps saying i will do it, but doesnt really do anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Was invited for on campus interview first, which is basically a discussion of your resume. Then got invited to superday at their office location in Jersey. People were great. They changed the interview pattern a little, it's more technical now with a a few written coding questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2008.

Interview

Phone interview came first, then I went on site to meet with various groups.
    This was actually back in Feb of 2007.
    They asked java 1.5 questions (template type vectors), various elements of JSP, and some SQL. They must loved textbooks definitions.

Interview Questions

salary offered was too low

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in January 2007.

Interview

Very fast and straight forward. It lasted around one hour. I was interviewed by 2 people, they were friendly and open. Questions were about my previous experience and some database related questions specific for their environment. Office was good and clean. Work culture open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• what was the hardest project challenge you faced on your previous project   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave them my previous salary and they gave me 5 k more. Not a lot of negotiation happened on my part, which I regret now.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Talk with the recruiter about roles and about location London vs Zurich. Followed by 2 phone screens on the same day. Both went fine and recruiter told me I would advance to onsites but he wants to match me with more teams so he asked me for a third phone screen. Went OK but not great...
    No reply for weeks after that... finally after pushing I was told that there was a better candidate found....

This is my first ever interview review... but it was a total joke... Total disrespect for my time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UBS in July 2016.

Interview

Only phone conversation about my skills and projects, no technical questions at all. I was expecting a programming task to do and send them back, but I didn't receive any futher informations at all, so I feel a bit not taken seriously

Interview Questions

• Only discussion about my motivation, skill, projects and why I'm looking for a niew job   Answer Question