UBS Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

3.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Talk with the recruiter about roles and about location London vs Zurich. Followed by 2 phone screens on the same day. Both went fine and recruiter told me I would advance to onsites but he wants to match me with more teams so he asked me for a third phone screen. Went OK but not great...
No reply for weeks after that... finally after pushing I was told that there was a better candidate found....

This is my first ever interview review... but it was a total joke... Total disrespect for my time.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UBS in July 2016.

Interview

Only phone conversation about my skills and projects, no technical questions at all. I was expecting a programming task to do and send them back, but I didn't receive any futher informations at all, so I feel a bit not taken seriously

Interview Questions

• Only discussion about my motivation, skill, projects and why I'm looking for a niew job   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

A lot of tests in the beginning, phone screening. Folks were very nice. I think I missed the chance on my own fault. I would like to try again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Simple JS problems increasing in complexity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through recruiter, took about a week

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

on campus interview, and then gets offer from onsite

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

It was an oncampus recruitment. Had 2 interviews on the first day. Just asked about the resume, nothing technical.

Then had a superday with 3 interviews with project manager and a group discussion.

I was called again to meet the MD to review my resume, since i was from hardware background and why did i want to go to software.

No technical questions at all.

Interview Questions

• How will u get your work done from a team member, who keeps saying i will do it, but doesnt really do anything.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It's an on campus interview. One round only. Basic Java terminologies and simple String questions. Some behavior questions such as your plan in five years.

Interview Questions

I accepted another offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Campus recruiting

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS in March 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person and they have asked questions regarding polymorphism, inheritance and an example of interfaces

Interview Questions

• Did you have any problem when your developing a code and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Was invited for on campus interview first, which is basically a discussion of your resume. Then got invited to superday at their office location in Jersey. People were great. They changed the interview pattern a little, it's more technical now with a a few written coding questions.