UBS Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview Questions

3.1

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Got a call from Associate Director for phone interview, but was not selected for Super Day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

Interview

phone interview

Interview Questions

• talking about a recent deal, technical finance questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Tough screening process, Like any investment banking interview it is long gruelling and painful if you aren't completely prepared.

The phone interviews were standard, they just want to know if you are intelligent and well spoken so if you get invited to a super day they won't be shunned for going to bat for you.

Super day was very interesting. A great team and pretty firm.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF analysis and presented a company and financials, ect..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I bid for the interview. The recruiter sent an email the night before the interview day saying that we would get the results of the interview that same day by 5pm. Those who passed the 1st round would be invited to dinner and the final round would occur the next day.
    Compared to other companies, I thought the immediate notice was very respectful and convenient.
    My interviewer was not nice at all...She never smiled, and she looked at me like I was dirt on her shoe.
    At some points, when I was getting close to an answer but I didn't quite grasp it, she tried to help me with my logic.
    The interview was probably 70% technical, 30% behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you chose these specific experiences to put on your resume.   Answer Question
    • How would you value a shoe company?   Answer Question
    • If there were no other shoe companies in the world and you could not use a DCF, how would you value the shoe company?   Answer Question
    • You have 2 companies, one has a P/E ratio of 12 and the other 15, if everything else is equal, which one would you invest in?   1 Answer
    • Your team has 4 members. You have a meeting in 17 min that you must not be late for. You have to cross a bridge to get to the meeting on the other side. Only 2 can cross at a time. It is very dark and you only have one flashlight. The members on your team can cross the bridge in 1, 2, 5, and 10 minutes. How can you get everyone cross in 17 min?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

the interview started with the standard walk me through your resume and then asked about past experiences. next the interviewer asked me about some basic accounting and finance questions

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

2 rounds, very nice interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great Firm.

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Had a guaranteed telephone interview from a female networking event. At the beginning of the interview I was told that I couldn't ask any questions and that she had a set list of questions to ask. I couldn't understand her accent so had to ask her to repeat a lot, she wasn't happy to repeat. She asked why investment banking/why ubs/recent transaction/why chose to talk about that transaction/most complicated project I had led/tell me about a time where you didn't meet a deadline/a recent time when I had to make a tough decision. She didn't ask any additional questions from my responses and at the end just said bye and hung up, very rude lady.

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS in December 2014.

Interview

You first have to apply online. Then if your application is selected, they send you numerical and logical test. The first round is a phone interview, here are some basical questions:

- walk me through your resume
    - can you describe a recent deal ?
    - Tell me about a time you worked in a team

Interview Questions

• The interviewer is like a robot. He has his list of questions and won't follow up.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

Interview

Really chilled out and easy! Nothing to be worried about, all members of the bank were really friendly and interviews were much more like a conversation about myself rather than anything else. No trick questions, they genuinely just want to spend time talking to you and meeting you, keep calm!

Summer Analyst At UBS IB Interview

Application

I interviewed at UBS in November 2014.

Interview

1.On-line application form. Included a lot of fit questions.
    2. Psychometric tests-standard
    3. Phone Interview- only competency based no technical questions. You should show genuine interest in the field and describe your skills in relation to the job. The telephone connection was awful.